019

February 23rd, 2022

it's been a couple of days since kenzie went to the airport to find joe. she hasn't talked to him since. maybe paris solidified the end of their relationship although it was just beginning.

kenzie's been down about this for the last couple of days and her friends have started to notice.

"okay, kenzie." layla said once kenzie joined her friends, and her brothers, on the couch. "what's going on with you?"

"yeah, you've been upset since you left the airport." jason said.

"what's going on though kenzie?" izzy asked.

"i'm just mad." kenzie mumbled. she didn't really want to talk about it. she didn't even know how she was feeling herself.

"why are you mad?" travis asked.

"because when i went to the airport, i couldn't find him and then when i was on the way home, i realized that." kenzie said beofre she stopped herself taking big sigh.

"realized what, kenz?" layla asked.

"kenzie." izzy said. kenzie didn't say anything. she didn't want to. "what did you realize?"

"i realized that i'm in love with him." kenzie said as everyone's eyes widened. "and what if i'm rushing into this too fast and he isn't ready and then i'm just left here with a broken heart."

"kenzie." travis said shaking his head. "we all love you but you are the most overthinking person we know."

"also, he's a guy." izzy said. "he's clueless as to how you are feeling because you haven't talked to him about it. no offense."

"none taken." travis and jason say at the same time.

"so should i call him?" kenzie asked as everyone nodded.

she went to the kitchen and called him. he picked it up not even 5 seconds after she called.

"hey, you ok?" joe said nervously. who could blame him? he hasn't heard from her in days.

"i'm sorry for not communicating with you. it's just that i'm trying to figure out how i feel and my feelings are weird and i don't know if i should be feeling them or not." kenzie said very quickly, not letting joe even get a word in. "and when i came to the airport to try and find you i couldn't and then when i was in the car, i felt like a piece of me was missing or something."

"and i've never been in a relationship before and especially not long distance. and it's hard for me to trust people and i don't know i'm just stressed and overwhelmed by my feelings." kenzie said. then she hung up the phone.

she didn't give joe time to express how he felt about what she just said. "mckenzie kelce." izzy said once she came back into the living room.

"why on earth would you hang up before he even got the chance to speak?" layla asked.

"i don't know." kenzie said sitting down on the couch again.

"nope, get up." jason said. "we're all going out."

"i'm not in the mood to go to a club right now, jason." kenzie said rolling her eyes.

"well you better get in the mood, kenzie." travis said getting up.

kenzie rolled her eyes then went upstairs to change like everyone else. she showered and decided to wear some jeans, a corset, and a leather jacket.

they were on their way to the bar, kenzie drove because she wasn't drinking. once they got there, kenzie already hated it.