007

January 30th

the arrived at the restaurant, it was 9pm now. kind of late to be eating dinner. the hostess seated them at their table, it was towards the back of the restaurant.

"sorry it's so late." joe said before he drank some of his water. "i just wanted to go to dinner before i go back to cincinnati."

"it's okay." kenzie says with a smile. "i'm going to the super bowl."

"really?" joe says with a smile as kenzie nods. "by the way, there is this banquet thing tomorrow night, it was planned a while ago. chiefs players and bengals players have to have this party kind of thing to show no hard feelings."

"yeah, travis told me about it." kenzie said. was he going to ask her to go with him?

"do you wanna go with me?" joe asks. "i know travis is gonna be there, and i know he isn't the biggest fan of me talking to you so if you don't want to it's fine, but."

"i would love to go with you." kenzie says with a smile. "what did travis say to you after the game?" kenzie didn't really know how to bring it up, but it has literally been eating her alive.

"he said," joe said clearing his throat to imitate travis' voice. "'i know you are talking to my sister. don't hurt or i will kill you, burrow. don't forget that.' it scared the crap out of me." joe said shaking his head with a laugh.

"seriously?" kenzie said. she was furious with her brother. he had not right to be involved in her love life. "i'll talk to him when i get home. he is so over protective, it's so annoying."

"he just doesn't want you to get hurt, kenz." joe said.

"the way he goes about it is just so annoying, though. he is such a control freak." kenzie said. "and he," she said before cutting herself off.

"what?" joe asked confused.

"i am on a date and the only i'm talking about it my brother." kenzie said rolling her eyes.

"who said this was a date?" joe said turning his head to the side.

"shut up." kenzie said before their waiter walked over to take their order.

"when can i get you two tonight." the waiter said getting his pen ready.

"can i get the shrimp tacos please, no avocado." joe said. "thank you."

"can i get the chicken tacos please, extra avocado." kenzie said looking at the menu.

"i will put that in now, your food will be out shortly." the waiter said before walking away.

"you don't like avocados!" kenzie said once the waiter walked away.

"you like avocados?" joe said after kenzie.

"of course i like avocados, who doesn't?" kenzie said.

"me." joe said. "i don't like avocados."

"so," kenzie said. "it's your turn now. tell me about you."

"i live in cincinnati, i have a sister, she is 4, um my favorite color is red, and i hate pickles." joe said. "nothing too interesting."

"is being you difficult?" kenzie asked.

"sometimes," joe said. "people expect a lot from me and i can never meet anybody's expectations so it kind of messes with your head, but i'm grateful for the life i have, i wouldn't change it."

"the wise words of joe burrow." kenzie said sort of sarcastically.

"is being you difficult?" joe asked kenzie the same question she asked him.

"most people would say no, that i'm a stuck up brat who doesn't do anything with her life, super selfish." kenzie said. it was true, that is what people thought of her.

their pre conceived notions were far from accurate, but her reputation was only what people thought of her.

"what would you say about it being difficult to be you? i don't want to know what other people think of you. they always try to scrutinize people." joe said.

"it can get difficult, i guess. people expect me to act a certain way, and i do, i'm a people pleaser but sometimes i feel like they can see right through me, through the mask." kenzie said.

"don't wear the mask around me." joe said. although to someone else, with no context, they wouldn't know what they were talking about, but those 6 words meant so much to kenzie.

"i haven't." kenzie said, which was true. she has only been herself around joe. "and i won't."

their food arrived, and when kenzie took a bite of her taco, joe scrunched up his face. "avocados are gross."

"how do you feel about guacamole?" kenzie asked, they were both made of avocados.

"oh i love it." joe said mindlessly then taking a bite of his taco.

"joe." kenzie said looking at him with a 'are you serious' face. "they are made of the same thing."

"it's like ketchup and tomatoes." joe said shrugging his shoulders.

after they finished dinner, joe drive kenzie back to her house.

"oh, you don't have to walk me to my door." kenzie said as joe continued to walk her to her door.

"goodnight, joe." kenzie said, she didn't want the night to end. "thanks for dinner."

"no problem." joe said with a smile, he didn't want the night to end either.

secretly, kenzie wanted joe to kiss her, and joe wanted to kiss her. but they have only known each other for a month. and honestly, that would be moving too fast for the both of them.

my lovers
kayla ; cayla konners 🐚
isabelle ; umbrella ☂️
kenzie ; kenz with a benz 🚗

kenz with a benz🚗
dinner went great omg

cayla konners 🐚
happy for you babes <3

umbrella ☂️
kiss??? or no

kenz with a benz🚗
no :(

cayla konners 🐚
so you wanted it to happen...??

kenz with a benz🚗
possibly...

umbrella ☂️
SCREENSHOT FOR HISTORY

kenz with a benz🚗
isabelle smith.

cayla konners🐚
uh oh, government name

kenz with a benz 🚗
you are on thin ice too
kayla conners.

cayla konners
okay but like fr, i don't want my
girl getting hurt so just don't
rush into things

umbrella ☂️
yeah, don't rush into this please

kenzie knows that izzy and kayla told her not to rush into things with joe, but she couldn't help it when he flashed his green eyes at here.

it seemed all new and exciting, like they were going down a rabbit hole together into wonderland.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

wonderland by taylor swift <333

anyways, idk if i want the banquet to be the next chapter or the one after that idk

anyways, here is your reminder to not be a silent reader again :))