029

september 21st, 2022

the last week and a half has been good outside of the games. kenzie had felt more at home in cincinnati and her photos have been coming out great.

but the bengals are currently sitting at 0-2 and are preparing to play the jets on sunday in new york.

the jets are the tram c.j. signed to after leaving the bengals. the game against the cowboys was another close game. 20-17.

their record so far wasn't helping the bold predictions that the bengals were one season wonders and wouldn't make it to the playoffs again.

"hey." kenzie said from the couch once joe walked in. he had practice today.

"hi." he responded giving kenzie a kiss on the head. this is how it always was after he came home from practice.

"how was practice?" kenzie asked as joe joined her on the couch, she was watching pitch perfect.

"it was okay." joe said shrugging his shoulders. "i just feel like the team isn't gelling how i want it to."

"that's gonna take time." kenzie said. "but i know you guys got it."

"do you wanna go on a date next week?" joe asked. they haven't gone on an actual date in a really long time.

"yeah sure." kenzie said with a soft smile.

kenzie and joe spent the rest of the night watching movies and talking. nights like these were some of joe's favorites.

september 25th, 2022

the bengals beat the jets today, 27-12. so they were currently sitting at 1-2 so far for the season.

kenzie and joe's date was tomorrow, since he didn't have practice. they flew back from new york that night, and almost immediately crashed when they did get back.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

this chapter was super short, like only 300 words so it will be apart of a double upload.

sorry this one was so short