006

January 29th & January 30th

tomorrow the chiefs would be taking on the bengals to see who will go to the superbowl. kenzie was super nervous and was conflicted. she wanted the chiefs to win, but something in her wanted the bengals to win as well.

maybe it was wrong, but kenzie didn't know what to do. she has been talking to joe for almost a month and they have been talking as much as they could considering all the miles apart they were.

kenz :)

mr shiesty
i was wondering if after
the game tomorrow, do you
wanna go to dinner?

kenz :)
yeah, sure :)

mr shiesty
the game is at 4:25, so
dinner won't be until around
8:30, is that ok?

kenz :)
yeah, i'll eat something light
before the game

mr shiesty
you're coming?

kenz :)
yeah, i always go to travis' games
but i might be going for another
reason too

mr shiesty
really? who?

kenz :)
just some guy, about 6'5, pretty
cute, good at football

mr shiesty
so i'm cute?

kenz :)
who said i'm talking about
you pretty boy?

kenzie was getting ready for the game, after she ate lunch/dinner. she didn't know what to wear, she would usually wear a chiefs shirt, and some jeans but today, she didn't want to.

she told joe she would be going for him as well and it didn't feel right to wear a chiefs shirt. he probably would understand, but kenzie still didn't want to.

she decided to wear all white, it wasn't bias towards any team. her seat for this game was at the chiefs end zone, so the end zone the bengals scored in.

she was row 1, right in the middle. she loved sitting near the end zone, it made for great videos of the players touchdown celebrations.

she got there a little later than usual, 25 minutes before kickoff. she sat in her seat and the view was a lot better than expected.

the game was currently 7-3. the chiefs were winning. this game was probably the most important game of the year for both teams, besides the super bowl.

at halftime, with the score being 28-10, the chiefs were most likely going to win this one. everyone expected this anyway.

the bengals surprisingly stopped the chiefs in the red zone right before halftime, not allowing a touchdown.

they held the chiefs to 0 points in the third quarter, and making 11 points if their own. the game was now tied. the bengals were impressive.

the atmosphere of this crowd and field, was something kenzie has never seen nor experienced before, it was extremely intense.

the game went into overtime, 24-24. the chiefs won the coin toss and chose to revive the ball first. usually, the chiefs would win if they got the ball first.

they didn't score, the bengals held them down to no points. then, the bengals drove the ball down the field and evan mcpherson, their rookie kicker, made the game winning field goal.

jamar chase and joe, jumped up on the stands and were getting congratulated from the bengals fans surrounding them.

they jumped down, and shook hands with the chiefs players on the field. kenzie was watching joe and travis intently because she knew they would have to shake hands eventually.

they did, but once joe connected his hand with travis', travis pulled joe forward and said something into his ear.

she didn't know what it was, but she desperately did. it didn't look so good as travis' face looked angry and joe looked confused.

she shook it off, he would probably tell her later if it was a big deal. it was 7:30pm now, she left the stadium to go back home to get ready.

she showered and with the help of brittany, she found a perfect outfit. some flared corduroys and a nice sweater with some boots. it was cold in kc so a dress was definitely not the route.

she wondered what joe was going to wear, whether she was over or under dressed. she didn't even know where they were going to dinner at.

at 8:30, joe arrived at her house. she had given him her address earlier so that he knew where to go.

he was wearing jeans and a purple sweater. "you look amazing." joe said as kenzie walked out of her house joining joe on the porch.

"thank you, i didn't know what to wear, i didn't want to over dress or under dress." kenzie said looking down at her outfit.

"so how do you feel about tacos?" joe asked walking over to the car.

"they are my favorite food on the planet." kenzie said with a smile. it was true, she has loved tacos ever since she was little.

"great." joe said with a smile opening the passenger door for kenzie, closing it behind her.

"so," joe said as he got into the car, pulling out of kenzie's driveway. "tell me about yourself."

"my favorite color is orange, i love white roses, i'm a gemini, my birthday is june 16th, i hate spiders, i love new york city, have an undercover love for rap music." kenzie said.

"okay," joe says with a chuckle. "i'm talking about the more important stuff."

"like my family and stuff?" kenzie asked as joe nodded. "i have 2 brothers, jason and travis, my mom and dad got divorced a little while ago, so it's just us now. she lives in cincinnati now, i live here, so does travis and jason lives in philadelphia."

"do you have a job?" joe asks. she really hoped he didn't ask this question, and of course, he did.

"nope." kenzie said. "i'm really into photography but it's like some kind of rule that the women in the house can't have jobs. it's really annoying."

"it's not the 1930's." joe says with a chuckle. "it is high key sexist." we love a feminist king.

"i'm thinking about becoming a photographer for the nfl, i've gotten a few offers." kenzie said.

"i think you should do it, you should let me see your photos sometime." joe said.

joe's pov

once joe reached for travis' hand, he yanked him forward. "i know you are talking to my sister. don't hurt or i will kill you, burrow. don't forget that." travis said before letting go and walking away.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i wasn't going to include what travis said to joe but idk it's here now