rainy day at the shack || pines family.

I sat in my window seat, watching the raindrops gently hit the thin window pane. I've always enjoyed the occasional rainy weather we got.
The calm yet aggressive nature of rain makes me comfortable in a way. The cool summer rain felt nice underneath the blazing heat of the sun.

  "Are you just gonna stare into the woods all day?"

I turn my head towards the gruff voice, smiling as I saw Stan.

"Possibly. It's calm up here for once.. the twins always have something going on." I say, turning my attention back to the weather outside.

He walked towards the window I was sitting at, he crosses his arms. I noticed the small smile that had cracked onto his face.
We stayed silent for a few moments, a comfortable silence filling the room as we watched the drops hit the glass.

"Speaking of the twins, they wanted to know if you wanted to come down to watch movies? Sorta like a family.. bonding thing." Stan says, moving his eyes to look at me.
I hum and look at him.

"That would be nice. I'll be down in a few minutes"
He nods with a small smile, walking out to leave me to do what I wanted.

Walking down the stairs I could hear the laughter of my family. Smiling to myself, I sit on the floor beside Dipper. They we're watching old movies that Stan had always persistently said we'd enjoy.
The twins were questioning the movies but Stan didn't bother to explain. Only saying to watch and find out.

My mind began to wander- Times like these will soon become rare for us. We won't be here, all sitting together, watching movies on rainy days forever, even if we wanted that. The months would eventually pass us by and this summer vacation will come to a close.
I was quickly pulled out of these thoughts by Mabel being surprised with what had happened in the movie.

I smiled, rainy days are better than some give them credit for. They can bring people together and create memories.

"I can't believe they were enemies all along!" Mabel said in an exasperated tone.

"Plot twist!" Stan says, getting up to find another movie.

Today was going to be nice.