groceries || tambry.

requested!! i hope you like <3 (hope i did it justice, i am rusty lol) it may be rather short. @Nezuk0s_FLAM3S <3

    Going grocery shopping was never my favorite thing. I tend to push it off until I couldn't, simply because it was one of the most uneventful experiences I have to deal with. Especially since I've recently moved back to my home town of Gravity Falls. The store is always empty with barely any music which makes the task drag on and on. I just have to get a few things and I'll be back home soon.

"Where is the soups," I whispered to myself as I made my way in and out of isles before finally finding the one I needed. While I was looking through the different brand I heard an extremely familiar voice coming from down the same isle, glancing over I saw my old friend.

"Tambry?" I called out, watching as her head flips to look at me. At first she stared, probably not exactly recognized me since my transition. Once she did, she happily came over and hugged me; Which I reciprocated.

"Oh my god! It's been forever since I've seen you! How are you?" She asks, causing me to smile at her. "I've been good! How about yourself?" I responded.

"I've been alright. Just doing online classes at home." She smiled. "I was actually going to go to Greasy's after this, would you want to join me?"

    I looked at her for a moment before happily nodding. "That sounds great, I'll meet you there in about ten?" I say, watching her nod.

"Sounds great! We'll finish shopping then meet up. See you then!" She says, waving to me as she walked off to another isle.

    Walking through the isles I grew more and more giddy from the interaction. Life has definitely been lacking not being able to see Tambry for a while. I tried to finish my shopping rather quickly in order to be able to meet back with her quicker.
    After placing my groceries into my car I got in and immediately began driving towards the diner. I didn't have any cold or frozen items this time which I was extremely grateful for, it made getting back to her faster. Arriving at Greasy's I was hit with a wave of nostalgia. Me and Tambry used to come here together quite often when we we're younger. It was one of the best times I ever had with her because we'd just sit and talk for hours. As I made my way inside I saw her sitting at a booth so I joined her.

"You came." Tambry says with a huge grin.
"Of course I did." I smiled back at her, her mannerisms seemed giddy with a slight hint of nerves.

    After ordering we talked about the direction our lives took once we graduated and I left for schooling. We both agreed that the time away from each other was probably the worst thing. Talking about classes, work, different things that happened during the span of time we were distanced brought back on the feelings I've forgotten due to time. I was glad we were able to connect again, talking for hours like we once did.
    The sun was setting now as we were slowly finishing up a conversation. I looked up at her and saw she was looking intently at me, like she had something to say. It's funny how I could still tell what she was thinking just by the looks she gave.

"I have to tell you something," She quietly said, glancing at her hands which were propped on the table.

"And what would that be?" I asked as I watched her. She slowly looked back up at me and gave me a nervous side smile.

"I don't really know how to say it but I also don't want to beat around the bush," She begins and then takes a deep breath before continuing. "When we started texting again, while you were away, I slowly began to catch feelings for you. I think they've grown so much since then and when I saw you it reminded me how I felt- Ugh, what I'm trying to say is I love you."

    She looks away from me, most likely thinking that I won't feel the same way. Looking away in order to hide the embarrassment if I rejected what she said, but I know I wouldn't. I've felt the same for years now.

"I love you too. I have for a while." I tell her, her head snaps back to look at me with a surprised expression. "You have?" She asked, I smiled and nodded at her.

    Tambry looked at me and placed her hands over mine on the table. As we smiled at each other she spoke, "Would you want to give this a shot?"

"I'd love that, Tambs." I happily said. This caused her smile to grow, she leaned over the table and placed a short kiss on my cheek. "Then we will."

    My most hated task had something amazing come out of it. Oh, how the world works, huh?