the woods || dipper pines.

It's was a warm day, all you really wanted to do was sit under a pretty tree and sketch. As you were walking through the overactive woods of Gravity Falls you saw the faint figure and colors of a familiar ball cap. Quietly inching closer you saw a pair of legs belonging to a body laying down. You knew exactly who it was when you saw the hat and shoes up close.

"Dipper?" I call out, the boy scrambled up to his feet.

"Ah! Uhm- Oh, it's you." He says, nervously laughing.

You knew Dipper from working with Wendy at the Mystery Shack. Given that Wendy was your best friend you hung out with him occasionally when he was with your little group.

"What're you doing out here alone?" I ask, walking closer to him.

"Nothing! Haha.. just, uh, laying on the ground.." He nervously spits out, I raise an eyebrow at him.

"If you were reading your book you don't have to be secretive about it, man." I say.

"I guess you're right.. Do you wanna look at it with me??" He says, adding that last bit on quickly, making you smile.

"Sure, I need something to sketch anyhow." I say, sitting down beside him.

"You draw? Can I see?" He asks, I nod and hand him my sketchbook.

A few quiet minutes pass by as he looks through the pages, I could hear the quiet 'woahh' he would say when he saw something he liked. He looked so focus looking at the book.

"These are amazing! You like to draw cryptids? That's so cool.." He says, the last word trailing off as he looks at the last page. "Do you think you could draw something from this journal??"

"That was the plan." I said, smiling down at the awkward kid.

"Right! I knew that.." He begins. "Can I pick it out?" He asks, I give him a small nod and he starts excitedly looking through the journal.

Immediately I got distracted by the soft sounds of the woods, I've always loved these woods, even if there's the unexplainable inside. 

"Here! The Hidebehind! I've never seen it.. convinced it's not real," He pauses, staring at the page. "But it's cool anyways!"

He shows me the page, I study it for a moment and motion for him to set it leaned onto the tree.

"That helps?" He asks with a confused look in his eyes, I nod.

Dipper watches as I begin to shape out the creature, I could feel his eyes staring at the paper beneath my hands. The air is quiet around us, the only sound we can hear is the graphite pencil gliding against the page. It was a peaceful few minutes, the calming nature around us buzzed with life, the quiet breaths.

The feeling of grass underneath me was amazing, reminding me that everything around me has a life of its own. It's a comforting feeling that has came around very rarely in my recent days. A faint sigh dropped from my lips as I finished up the last bit of shading I had.

"Here we are!" I say, handing him the sketchbook.

"This is amazing!" He says, comparing the drawing to the one on the journals page.

"You can keep it." I say, he looks up at me.

"Are you sure?" He asks, I smile and nod.

"Of course, I have tons of my drawings just laying down collecting dust. It would be in better hands with you." I say, he shoots me a quick smile.

"Shoot, I gotta go back!" He quickly says, yelling a quick "Thank you!" as he ran off.

I smiled and sat down, leaning my back against the tree, and looking around at the nature around me.