wendy's older sister || nate.

requested.

I've been a loner for as long as I could remember. People that I had once wanted to be friends with saw me as the "weird girl" because of my black streak in my hair, and that seems to turn them away. That's when I decided to just not talk much, it would save the trouble of trying and rejection.
Recently, Wendy started to want me to hang out with her and her friends- I said no every time, except this one.

"Come on man, it would do you good to meet them!" She says, I focused on my work trying to show her I didn't want to.

"Please?" She asks with a hint of desperation,

She sounded so upset and that hurt, I decided to agree to go this once; I sighed and looked up towards her.

"Okay, I'll go." I tell her, she smiled and showed me to the van she said her friend drove.

As I got into the van, Wendy began introducing me to her friends. They all greeted me and I just waved with a small smile. When we started moving I took in everyone's appearance. They all seemed like a crowd my sister would hang out with. But, one guy immediately caught my attention; Nate. I've seen him around Gravity Falls but not up close like this. He was wearing a black shirt with a melting skull on it, basic blue jeans and black shoes, and a hat. What intrigued me the most was the fact he had tattoos. I wanted to ask why he had gotten them but decided to stay silent for the time being, he seemed pretty busy with the blonde guy anyways.

When we got to the graveyard I was a bit taken aback until Nate explained that this is where they frequently come to hang out. His voice was nice, he seemed so chill and sweet- Especially when he was with his friends.
I discreetly lingered close to Nate and joined in on the light conversation. Eventually we we're alone and I decided to start a conversation. The tattoos!

"So, Nate?" I say, he turns to look at me.

"Yes?" He replies, just the response made me smile.

"What made you get your tattoos?" I ask and inch closer to him.

"These? I just thought they looked cool. You like them?" He asks, I nod.

"I do, I find them interesting." I say.

"What about you? Why'd you dye your hair that way?" He asks and I laugh a little.

"I was born with it, completely natural." I smile.

"Really? That's so cool! I wish I was born with cool hair." He says.

"I think your hairs cool." I say, that made him smile.

"Thank you," He pauses. "Could I, uhm, get your number?" He asks.

I was shocked at first, he wanted my number? That's a first. A good first.

"Sure." I say, taking paper from my bag and scribbling my number on it, handing it to him after I was finished.

Before he could respond I heard the others yelling. We made our way over to them and I saw them messing with Thompson. I could tell they were joking but I can see when someone is just trying to make others happy by doing what they want.

"Guys, that's enough." I say, they all look at me and I see Thompson sigh in relief.

"We're just joking!" Lee says, I roll my eyes.

"It was a joke going too far." I say, not getting a response from them. I saw they understood at the moment.

"I've seen you around town." Nate says out of no where, I turn my head and look at him confused.

"What?" I ask.

"I've seen you deal with some weirdos and stick up for people. You're a really tough person." He says, I stand there with furrowed eyebrows trying to decipher why he was saying this.

"I want to go out on a date with you, if that's what you want too.." He trails off, I give him a small smile.

"That would be nice." I say, this was the first time I felt accepted. Wendy's friends are so kind and good at making you feel included, I should have done this so long ago.

"Really? How about tomorrow at the game place?" He says, I nod.

"That sounds perfect, around 2?" I ask, this was his turn to nod. "Then it's a date."

"A date." He repeats with a smile.

A few hours went by and I was more comfortable around them. Nate was a great guy and I could picture something coming out of this date. When me and Wendy got home she teased me about how I "Found my first love" because I actually went out. Her teasing made me roll my eyes and laugh, I made my way to my room and texted Nate.

'excited for tomorrow!<3'

'Me too!'