kicked out || young stan pines.

| "Your brother was gonna be our ticket out of this dump. All you ever do is lie, and cheat, and ride on your brothers coattails."  |

"He kicked you out??" I say, almost shouting.

He mumbled a quiet 'Yeah.' the threat of crying breaking his voice. I was angry— actually, I was livid. Hurt and upset for person I was so close to.

"This is ridiculous! It was a mistake. God, I've always had a growing irritation towards your father. This just gives me more of a reason." I was going on a tangent, spilling mindless words about how his father was a ridiculous man and an even worse father for what he did. How even if Ford was angry he should have stood up for his brother.
After a while I noticed it had gotten quiet, I could hear the quiet sniffs coming from the couch. I walked over and sat beside him, taking his hand with both of mine, resting them on his knee.

"Lee," I pause, letting him have time to look up at me. When he did, my heart shattered by the look on his face. Eyes full of clear, salty tears, spilling over and falling onto his shirt where they left their damp mark.
I pulled him into a hug, letting him silently cry into my chest. After a few minutes he gently let me go, I pushed his hair out of his face and gave him a sympathetic smile.

"You can stay for as long as you need to, I'll talk to my parents. You can have that extra room beside mine, okay?" I place my hands on his shoulders, letting one fall down to the side of his arm. He looked at me for a few moments, it was difficult to read what was going on in his head. We stayed like that for a little longer until he spoke.

"I can't do that to ya." He says, I looked at him with slight furrowed brows.

"What do you mean?" I say, taking his hand in mine once again but he gently snatched his away.

"I don't want to burden you guys. I don't gotta job, I have nothing." He says, quietly sighing I took his hand.

"You could never be a burden, we love you. That's not going to change. My dad can help you with work," I pause, looking out the window behind him, and then back to him. "I can help with anything, whatever you need. I'm here, Stanley, always."

He looked down, this time I could tell he was at least thinking on my offer. I decided to speak before he tried to deny the help again.

"You know I'm here, I know you know that," I pause, watching his eyes reach mine. "I'm not going to kick you to the curb. Never. I'll stay with you until you tell me to leave."

This earned the smallest smile from him. The smile that would always brighten up my day. Stanley was definitely a comfort person and I wasn't about to give up on him after his family did. I would never stoop so low.

"I'll stay, you'll really talk to your dad for me?" He says, I smile and ruffle his hair as I stood up. His eyes watching me.

"I will, when he gets home that is. My moms upstairs! Let's go talk to her." I say, quickly walking towards the stairs. Stanley following behind.

"Mom!!" I call out, I could see her peak her head out from her study.

"Hey, Kiddos. What's up?" She says, fulling walking out into the hallway.

"Lee needs a place to stay, could he stay with us?"I say, trying to say it quick but still making it clear. She looked at Stanley with a look full of concern.

"My, uh, my dad kicked me out." He says, crossing his arms and looking down at his shoes.

"Oh, hon, you can stay as long as you need, okay? You're a part of the family after all," She says, putting a hand on his cheek. "Why don't you two go get that extra room fixed up? I'll talk with your father when he gets home."

I nod, taking Stans hand and walking to the extra bedroom. It was perfect, right next to mine, we wouldn't be too far if he needed anything.

"This room looks like it's been fixed up already." He says, I nod and begin to clear off the desk and bed.

"I slept in it for a while until I changed rooms. This was mine, the one I'm in now was storage. Now it's not!" I say, switching out the blankets and sheet for fresh, clean ones.
In the midst of me fixing everything up, I looked into the mirror. I could see Stan watching me with a small smile, I smiled to myself and sat down on the bed.

"Do you need clothes? I'm sure I have some from my uncle somewhere." He smiled and nodded, coming and sitting beside me.

"Thank you for this- for helping me out. I appreciate it more than it seems." He says, I pay his shoulder.

"Things are difficult right now, I understand. Do you want to be alone?" I ask, beginning to stand when his hand took my wrist, gently pulling me back down.

"No-no, I wan't the company of a friend." He says, sitting back down I smiled at him.

"Then I'll stay."

For the next few hours we were up, playing a board game my mom brought in for us. I had gotten us different things to do and some snacks. They didn't last long though, being gone almost as quick as I brought them in.
As more hours past the silence of the night filled the room. I was leaning against the bed, sketching on a random piece of paper I found that was full of my other drawings. The sound of a now sleeping Stanley brought me back. Looking down at him I saw peace, the peace he didn't have in his life at the moment. I wished it would stay for him once he woke.
I covered him with the blankets and turned the bedroom lights out. Walking to my room I realized how true my words were earlier. I would always be here for him, whenever and wherever.