FOUR

"Wake up, Bambam." I heard a familiar voice ring in my ears. It was sweet like candy. Luna.

"Ugh.. go away. Five more minutes and I swear I'll be up.."

I opened my eyes to see an unimpressed face above me.

"I know your tricks" She laughed.

I smiled. "Fine." I stretched my muscles and yawned.

"Oh, and by the way, happy 14th birthday!" She giggled.

Oh, right.

"I almost forgot!" I laughed as I sat up on my mattress, "Let me go and wash and I'll be right back."

"Sure. But be quick! Or don't, either way you are going to get a surprise!"

"Can't wait!" I said, as I walked away with my clothes in a bag in my hands, and a towel slung over my shoulder.

As I reached the lake, I started stripping off my pyjamas. I placed them on the bank and slowly waded into the icy water. I rubbed my forearms with my hands, like it would do anything, and shivered. When the water finally reached my shoulders, I quickly submerged my head under the water. The coldness, bit my nose and teased my eyelids. I quickly breathed and brought my head to the surface.

Just as I was about to get out, I noticed someone on the other side of the lake getting in. It looked like a girl, but I wasn't sure. I decided to swim over to her.

As I got close enough to talk I flicked my head above the water. I seemed to have startled her. Oops.

"Sorry! I just wanted to say hi." I said with a smile.

"Oh, uhh, um, hi..?" She seemed embarrassed.

"So, what's your name?"

"Um, I'm Kyte.."

"Hi Kyte, I'm Bambi!"

Now she was covering her body? I know the water is cold but she only has her feet in.

I furrowed my brows. "Hmm? What's wrong?"

"Well, I'm kind of, like, naked."

"Ok, I get that, but why are you embarrassed?"

She shook her head. "Uhh, nevermind. Wait, so you name is.. Bambi?"

I nodded. "Mmhmm!"

She looked confused.

"Ok, but what's your real name?"

"Bambi is my real name."

"Oh, uh, ok?"

"Here, follow me, you look hungry."

"Wait, so you like live here?"

"Well not right here, but yeah, around here."

"Do you live on your own?"

"Nope. I live with Luna, Rhiannon, Kayla, Daniel and Tyler."

"Oh, ok, uh sure."

"Let's go then!"