SIX

"Hey, Bambi, you awake?"

I opened my eyes. They were full of gunk, so I rubbed them, stretched, and yawned. Through my yawn I smiled and said, "I am now."

Kyte laughed. She then leaned over and grabbed her dirty bag from the edge of the mattress we shared.

After I got too big to stay in the caravan, they made me a small shack with a mattress inside. Daniel and Tyler sleep in a large tent connected to the caravan, while Kayla, Luna and Rhiannon sleep inside the caravan. Unless, there is a storm or a blizzard; then we all squish together inside the caravan.

Kyte pulled the large bag over, grunting at its heaviness. She then unzipped the top and shoved her hand into a small compartment placed on the inside. She pulled out a white cord and a black iPhone.

"You have a electricity outlet anywhere?"

"A what?"

She looked at me with a look that said "really?".

"Ugh, I'll go ask the other guys," she smiled slightly, pulling a hoodie out of her bag and shrugging it over her pyjamas.

"You do that!" I said, and she shut the door.

Kyte walked through the dew-tipped grass, the dampness brushing against her leg. Her bare feet dancing in the moist, cool dirt. The leaves of the trees whistled and swayed. The soft light of the sunrise kissed her tanned face, the breeze teased her golden-brown hair, and the morning cool nibbled at her nose.

She looked over at the sunset, and it was beautiful. No, it was exquisite. It was nothing like she had ever seen before. No words or cameras could truly capture what this amazing, under-rated phenomena brought each morning. This exact thing she was looking at not only brought light to the darkened world, it brought life.

She couldn't live without it.

Kyte always threw that phrase around like it was nothing, her phone, her laptop, her bed, anything really. But at that moment she realized that the things you truly can't live without are the ones you say you can.

"That's it."

She gripped her phone until her knuckles went white. And she smiled as she watched it grow smaller in size, blending in with the dancing silhouettes of the morning birds. And then it was gone.

The birds above her sang their cheerful song, they twisted and twirled, swooped and soared, like little ballerinas dancing in a ocean of golden-blue.