227

Chapter 227: Mu Sheng Steals the Limelight

Jiang Tian turned to look towards the changing room. The moment he saw Mu Sheng, he was awestruck.

Even the makeup artists who had seen their fair share of good-looking women were speechless when they saw Mu Sheng.

Tang Tiantian felt proud and happy as she waved at Jiang Tian. "Tian, you rock! You really picked the right dress!'

Jiang Tian was dressed in jeans and leather jackets all year round, so Tang Tiantian simply felt he was a straight man and had zero expectation towards his taste, but she felt he really picked the perfect outfit today.

The man raised his head to glance at Mu Sheng as he paid at the counter. He was surprisingly moved by Mu Sheng's beauty. "The dress was worth the money."

"Thanks." The moment the transaction was complete, Jiang Tian waved and said, "Let's go. We have 15 minutes left and it's just enough time to get there."

Meanwhile, at the event location.

A lot of fans had come to watch it live and many viewers were watching it online as well.

Since Cat Live had the support of Flourishing Age Group and Mu Sheng, it was doing very well, so this was a grand affair.

The management beamed brightly when they saw the great turnout. Considering how well Cat Live was doing, they were bound to get a bonus next month!

Mu Sheng had yet to come back five minutes before the event was scheduled to begin, so the manager felt a little worried. "Why isn't she back? Was she held up? Call her this instant and find out what time she is reaching."

"I have already called Mu Sheng. She will be back soon. The talent agent promised they won't be late."

"Oh god. How could I not be worried?" The manager was terribly afraid something might go wrong.

Sadly, his greatest fear had happened. The manager took two steps and turned to look at the screen with all the operation statistics and noticed the numbers were declining.

The manager was puzzled. "What's going on? The event hasn't even started yet. Why are we already losing an audience? Find out what happened."

"There is no need to check," said a subordinate to the manager. "I know why. A minute ago, Tiger Shark announced an online event. They spent top dollars and invited a lot of big-time celebrities."

More importantly, Tiger Shark did not market the event until one minute ago. Tiger Shark probably did it so that they could catch Cat Live unprepared.

The manager was stunned. "Tiger Shark did this on purpose! Let me check it out!"

The manager clicked on the Tiger Shark web page and saw their special event for today.

It was clear Tiger Shark had spent a lot of money for the event. The celebrity guests for the event included Ruan Yingying and many other popular artists.

Since these artists had a strong fan base, the moment they started to live telecast, a lot of the Cat Live users went over to support it.

Before Cat Live's event even started, it was gradually losing viewership.

Meanwhile, the host had already gone on stage outside.

"What about Mu Sheng? Is she here yet?" The manager turned off the Tiger Shark webpage and walked out anxiously.

"Nope." His subordinate followed behind the manager worriedly out of fear the manager might take it out on him.

"Oh dear. What on earth is going on?" In comparison to the good mood the manager was in just ten minutes ago, he felt like hanging himself now.