Chapter Five

I feel comfortable inside the restaurant. It feels luxurious, and the ambience is outstanding. I know my way around gastronomy and can tell that the owners are genius. The floor and ceiling are black and polished, and the walls are covered in mirrors. It is incredibly dark, and the small lamps hanging from the ceiling make you feel like you are in the cosmos. Their food must taste exceptional because no one will be able to notice the presentation in the dim light. All the furniture is modern and black, adding to the ambience. Someone leads Hades and me to our table through it. I try not to walk against something and follow closely. Our table is right next to a giant aquarium. It is a ginormous cylinder with many plants and a few dark fish. I can only see them when they swim where the dim light lights up the water. Another person gives Hades and me the menu, not letting us wait, and we both focus back on our table. The menu is framed in gold and has a reading light. I skim through everything, shocked by all the sumptuous dishes.

"Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay, gentleman. The appetizer of the day is a Creamy Shrimp and Crab Bisque. If this is not to your taste, I will just bring you water or another beverage you desire." The man in a white swallow-tailed coat greets us. It is easy to distinguish the personnel when they wear white.

"I would like the soup. I take Mango and Peach White Iced Tea, Duck Breast and red velvet cake for dessert." I point at the menu, and he writes everything down. He always paid attention to my word and didn't seem absent for even a second.

"I also take the soup. I want whiskey straight on rocks. I eat the Steak au Poivre and red velvet cake too." Hades takes the menu from me and hands it to the waiter.

"Thank you very much." He turns around and leaves us alone.

"This is impressive. I've never been to such a fancy place before. I am glad I don't have to pay any of it." I grin at Hades. "There were no prices on the menu. They only do that when the prices don't matter to the clientele." On my father's online page, most cars don't have prices. There is only an only on request telling you it is going to be expensive.

"The prices don't matter to me. I rather not know every single pricing because I am sure it is overpriced. I have a better experience with a handsome barman giving me my drinks on the house." Now Hades grins.

"Remind me to not do that again." I kick him under the table. "But no, seriously. Thank you for paying, I don't struggle with money, but I wouldn't be able to afford this."

"Wouldn't you like to have more in life?" Hades picks up the topic for a conversation. Talking without going at each other's throats might be a good idea.

"Life doesn't have much for me, I have a job I like, and I can buy everything I need from the money I earn. My needs are never more than my money." I don't strive to own a fortune. I am okay with my life being like it is. If I could, I would change a few things, but that would entail erasing the past. I am grateful that I don't struggle financially.

"What if you could have everything?" He seems to be interested in philosophical topics like this.

"It might be a new concept to a god, but it is so unrealistic for me to have everything that I want that I don't think about it often. I have no need for everything. I don't want to be humble. I just can't think of owning everything. I can only think of things deemed prestigious by others. An expensive sports car won't make me happier, it has no value to me, and a mansion would only make me feel lonelier." I am sure many people would know a lot of things to buy with more money, and I hope they archive it someday. I might not be creative enough to come up with something. The waiter interrupts our conversation with the drinks we ordered.

"Enjoy the drinks, and please don't hesitate to stop a waiter if you need anything." The waiter walks off again, and I take a sip of my iced tea. It is delicious, but I could make a drink with the same quality. They have to impress me with the food.