New York

December 2021

New York

Have you ever seen such a beautiful sight? New York at Christmas

Have you ever seen such a beautiful sight? New York at Christmas. I have always loved my job but right now I couldn't be more grateful. When my boss told me I'd be going to New York for Christmas I was so excited. I could have genuinely kissed the man. It's always been a dream of mine and I'm so happy.

Standing in front of this beautiful tree, reminds of the simple beauties in life. I'm a photographer and so I get the opportunity to travel and see so many wonderful things. I have been in my profession now for 13 years and I've learnt a lot. The reason I'm in New York this time is because there is a few magazine covers to shoot and I have been set an assignment to cover New York at Christmas. Promoting it, showing people what fun it is.

I don't know how long I've been standing here but as I stare up at this tree I hear a voice beside me.
"Beautiful isn't it?"
I look over and see a very handsome man standing next to me.
"Yeah. She's a stunner"
"She is. First time?"
I nod "yeah. That obvious?"
"No not at all. Well maybe a little"

I can't help but giggle. "Im Sebastian by the way"
He holds his hand out for me to shake which of course I do.
"Maisie"
"Not from New York then?"
"No. Original England. But moved here from San Francisco"
"Wow. What you think of it so far?"
"Amazing. It's always been a dream to be here for Christmas"
"It is pretty spectacular"

"You live here long?"
"Most of my life"
"Your lucky, you get to experience this all the time"
"I do when I'm home. I travel a lot"
"Me too. Don't think I've ever called a place home"
"What do you do?"
"I'm photographer. And you?"
"Actor"

"Oh right....I thought you looked familiar. You played Mickey right in Monday?"
"Yeah...I wasn't expecting that"
"What?"
"I was expecting you to say Bucky"
"What's a Bucky?"
He laughs "I played a character called Bucky in the marvel films"
"Oh....not a huge superhero fan"
"Right. Well it's nice to be recognised for something other then marvel"

"Oh I loved Monday, it was an amazing film"
"Thank you"
My phone starts buzzing, I look down and see I only have 20 minutes until I have a phone meeting for tomorrows photoshoot.
"Oh shoot! I've gotta go. It was nice meeting you"
"You too. Maybe I'll see you around"
"Maybe. Bye Seb"
"Bye Maisie"
I run off and grab a cab, rushing back to the apartment my boss has rented for me. I luckily just make it as my boss calls me. This meeting is just to go over a few details of tomorrows shoot.

After the call, I order food and settle down for the evening. I want a quiet night, make sure I'm rested for tomorrow. All my equipment is ready and I can't wait to see who I'm photographing.

Seb POV

Maisie was beautiful, seeing her staring up at the tree and seeing her amazement was something else. She caught my eye as I was leaving my favourite coffee shop. She was just stood there, taking it all in. The fact she didn't know me as Bucky was kind of refreshing. I love my character obviously but it's nice to know people watch my other movies too. I hope I see her again.

"Seb, come on. You need your beauty sleep for tomorrows shoot"
"Yeah yeah I'm coming"
I hate magazines shoots, half the time the photographer is a fan and they just giggle a lot around me. I hope to god it's someone good tomorrow, someone who can get the job done with no messing around. I'm so busy. I just want to chill out at home for Christmas. Sometimes this life is really hard.