02

CHAPTER TWO

SUFFOCATION

SUFFOCATION

You walk into your office quickly, shutting the door behind you and sighing loudly. "Did nobody see me?" You ask Scarlet.

"I don't know, girl. But why are you so damn late? It's eleven in the morning," Scarlet looks at you with a confused look on her face. "You're never late, Katy."

"I was stuck in a traffic jam okay? I really couldn't-"

Mr Park steps inside. "Katy, to my office. Now," He says.

"But I- fine," you take your coat off and leave your shared office, mouthing a 'help me' to Scarlet on your way out.

Mr Park shuts the door behind him. Not just closing it like any other normal person would, but slamming the door closed that hard, that you thought it would break.

"Everything alright, sir?"

There is a long silence; he sits down in his chair, grabs a cigar and lights it. Jimin is also in the room, reading into some files, if you're correct.

"No, not everything is alright, Katy. Sit down for me," he gestures to the chair on the other side of his desk.

You take a seat and wait for him to talk.

"Why are you more than two hours late for work? I have some files for you that I wanted to give two hours ago."

"I was stuck in a traffic jam, sir," you say.

"So? That's not my problem?"

"Well, clearly it is because-"

"Shut it!" He shouts, making you flinch slightly. "Don't give that attitude, Katy."

"What attitude? I have no attitude, that's called personality," you state, fixing your shirt.

If mr Park could fire you, he already would have done so. But he can't, because you're a great assistant for the company, and for him.

Mr Park grabs a big pile with documents from his desk, placing it right in front of you. "I want this done by the end of the day. I'm leaving in two hours, so Jimin will continue it from now on."

"But sir, that's so much documents?" You grab the pile.

"That sounds like a you problem," he says, leaning back into his chair with the cigar between his lips, smoke leaving the tip.