CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

PARENTHOOD

The nurse finally places the second baby on your chest, little cries escaping their small mouths.

"I'm so proud of you," Jimin says, kissing your forehead repeatedly.

"Congratulations, two identical baby boys," the nurse speaks.

A smile creeps onto your tear-stained cheeks and you look down at your two boys. Your heart fills with warmth and melts; realising that all the pain you went through was worth it. Because what you're holding, is your own blood, your own little kids.

You look at Jimin and see that even he can't help but let a tear slip from the corner of his eye.

You instandly began to soothe the crying babies, working on some kind of auto pilot.

The nurses clean the two boys, removing the blood from their skin. "It's time to feed them for the first time. One at the time, and we'll clean and get the other baby ready, okay?"

The nurse takes one of the babies and a different nurse guides you with your first feeding session.

"Let him try to put your nipple into your mouth," she says while you take the small human into your hands, still looking down. The baby boy slowly finds your nipple and wraps his little mouth around it. "Just like that. He found it quickly."

Jimin gently grabs the little boy his hand, stroking the soft skin and being stunned to know that this is his own son.

• •

Jimin sits beside you on the bed, his shirt somewhere on the floor and one of the boys sleeping against his chest while he holds him up in his hands. "They are so tiny," he says.

"They really are," you let the boy sleeping on your own chest hold onto your finger, his small fingers wrapped around it.

"Who are we going to give wich name?" Jimin asks.

"I was thinking that this little boy," you look at your chest. "Could be Chul. And that, that little boy," you look at Jimin's chest. "Could be Hye."

"Chul and Hye... Perfect," he says, smiling at you. "Thank you. Thank you for blessing me with this. With the babies, and you. This is the most beautiful gift you could ever give me."

"Come here," make him lean forward so you could kiss him, your lips touching while you both hold a baby each.

"I'm so proud of you," he strokes your cheek with his thumb.