CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

You anxiously bite on your nails, sitting on the couch trying to kill time while you wait for Jimin to get ready.

"And? How do I look?" Jimin asks.

"Uh..." your eyes scan him from head to toe: classy shoes, black suit and a white dress shirt underneath his tuxedo jacket. "Like you're going to court?"

You stand up from the couch and fix his tie that was hanging a little bit weird around his neck. "No, you look good, even if that's not the main goal of today."

"It's the final day," Jimin says. "We are finally going to get the results of this trial."

"After weeks of sitting in court," you sigh and gently peck his lips. "We could win thanks to your mom."

"I know, her speech was so powerful. And she proved everything she said aswell," Jimin says. "I'm just glad this will all be over soon."

"Oh, me too," you grab yourself a chair and sit down, holding your bump in your hands.

"Are you talking about this case going on in court or the pregnancy?"

"Both," you chuckle. "I'm so done being tired and hungry all the time. And I would love to have a glass of wine again."

"How many more weeks before we can meet the twins?"

"I'm now 36 weeks, wich is late for twins. It can happen any second now," you say.

"I'm so excited! It's still a surprise what their gender is, or genders."

"And if they are staying in much longer, I'm going to need a c-section. So they better pop out within a week."

"A week?!" Jimin asks in surprise. "We haven't packed your hospital bags yet."

"Then we better hurry up with those. Do we still have time?"

"Yes, do you want to pack them now?" Jimin asks.

"Why not? I also need to change into something more formal..." you look down at your grey sweatpants and a big hoodie. "If I even fit into formal clothes..."

"You have that one maternity blouse, right?" Jimin helps you get up from the chair. "And that one wide, long, black skirt?"

"Uh, yes. But I look fat in those," you chuckle. "Not that it matters because I look fat in everything I wear at the moment."