~Three~

A/N: Finally an update. Desi will come up soon too, and by that I mean in one month. Enjoy!

Dedication to the wonderful and the most bubbliest rockstar I know->@chocolatier Thank you for making the cover love! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

12th August, 2015.

Carter's Road,

Bandra Bandstand,

Mumbai.

6:00pm.

A week into college the workload had begun to increase and so did groupism. One could easily identify the cliques, the nerds, the rich kids and well, Shyla and Vikas.

She was among the few juniors who got along well with the seniors. It was shocking that a guy like Vikas became friends with Shyla. I know I'm being stereotypical in saying this but as Shyla's friend I could say it pretty scandalizing to everybody, including me, because he was bad news, he even looked like bad news. Everybody knew he was into the wrong stuff, spoilt and his head was in the sky. However with Shyla he seemed way different. He was anti-social, even when she introduced me to him he kept me at an arm's length.

When they were together, the world seemed to be useless for them and they would be useless to the world.

Today they planned to go to carters after college to see the sunset. After they finished laughing at a joke, Vikas looked at her with a serious face and asked,

"Can I ask you a question?"

" You are already asking one", she said and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and took a spoonful of ice-cream.

"When people tell you to stay away from me and have fed you with all sorts of stories why are you still here?"

The smile from her face dropped and looking down she said, " Nobody told me that."

"Please, I know what people talk about me."

"Well I wanted to check out, if what they say is true."

"How true am I according to their words?"

Without blinking she replied, "I know one thing for sure."

"What is it?"

"You really smell like smoke and need a hot water bath."

He broke into a small smile of amusement and looked back at the sea. He began contemplating if at all he should stop smoking all together or just not smoke a cigarette before they meet. He felt that the first option was worthier of her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

H-14, Adarsh Apartments,

Next to Suburbia Movie theatre,

Vile Parle (east),

Mumbai, Maharastra.

7:30pm.

"Thanks for dropping me home," said Shyla as she got down from his bike.

"My utmost pleasure, See you tomorrow at nine", he said with a wink and sped off.

Shyla climbed the stairs of her apartments trying to figure out why she was still friends with Vikas,even after she had been warned about him by many people. Just as she entered her floor, she saw Mrs.Jayanthi Subramaniam waiting for her and smiling as though she knew something dark about her. Little did Shyla know that harmless Jayanthi aunty's words will be enough to send her world crashing down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*