~Seven~

~Seven~

"Being in love with each other doesn't mean you have to be lovers. Sometimes you just have to be friends."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

21st September, 2015.

Door no.45, 4th floor,

'A' wing,

Satsang Complex,

Upper Govind Nagar,

Malad (West),

Mumbai, Maharastra.

It had been 3 weeks exactly since Vikas had spoken to Shyla. Throughout their exams, Shyla, kept ignoring Vikas. The week after their exams was over Vikas looked terrible.

The reason: Johnny Walker had become his new best friend.

He went back being himself, well worst then himself. He didn't just go back to square one. He went way back to square negative hundred. If that existed. Late night partying, flings with random girls, smoking quality weed, you get my idea. He looked wasted. He was wasted. His attendance began to drop again and so did his reputation. His friends from high school who were in the same line as his (of drinking) did nothing but encouraged him. He drank away all the anger, he numbed every frustration and he went to be high all the time.

To forget her.

To forget Shyla.

The ironic part of this situation was that the week during their exams, he did not touch one drop of liquor, nor did he have one joint of weed. And just like that on the last day of the exam, he broke loose. It was as though a tightened rope just snapped.

The effect of his excessive drinking was affecting his family. His father's shouting fell to deaf ears and his mother's tears flowed away without any value. It was high time, they had to stop him. Pocket money was cut, he was forbidden to go anywhere after a curfew. However he still went.

Just one night after her son had been dropped home by a helpful taxi driver, Vikas' phone fell out of his pocket as his mother tried to get him to bed. It was not password protected surprisingly. As she swiped through the lock screen, she saw his wallpaper. The one which Vikas' had seen many nights and had drunk away his sorrows. Being his mother she immediately saw the love in her son's eyes for this girl. The way he was looking at her, as she had taken the picture. In fact when she opened the photo gallery after swiping through a few inappropriate selfies taken with random girls, she found the girl's photos again, somewhere clicked in the months of July. Most of them had Vikas looking at her as though, she was the only thing that he needed to survive the world.

She wanted to know who this girl was. The girl was making his life better, she knew it. And something had happened between them.

Technology had not just made the lives of children better. It made even thelives of mothers, fathers, uncles and aunties better. The idea of her name being in the whatsapp contact list struck her. She searched through the contact list, but could not find that girl's photo anywhere. A few of his contacts did not have their own profile picture. However none of the girls came under the category.

She had to find this girl. And she had to find her fast. Her son was one step away or rather one peg away from going to a rehab, and any way from preventing this from happening, she would go for it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

22nd September, 2015.

Narsee Monjee College of Engineering,