~Five~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

20th July, 2012:

Narsee Monjee College of Engineering,

To the left to S.V Road,

A new white washed building,

Vile Parle (West).

Mumbai.

1:00pm

As Vikas began to walk towards Shyla's table, Rohit came and jerked him to a corner.

"What do you want?" Vikas hissed.

"Remember the money you owe, me?" Rohit asked cunningly.

"What about it?"

"Just saying." And with that Rohit gave a sideway glance to Shyla and simply left.

That smug bastard.

Vikas sighed and went to meet her.

"Was that Rohit, again?" Shyla asked him as soon as he met her.

"Yeah.", Vikas said trying to sound casual.

"What did he want from you?"

"Nothing."

"He said something, didn't he?"

"No, he didn't."

"Don't lie."

Vikas rolled his eyes.

"So he did say something. I'll show him."

"No Shyla, don't-", he reached out for her hand. By then she had marched to him, and begun scolding him.

Like a stud, she went to Rohit and put his hand on his shoulder and made him turn towards her.

"Why do you keep taunting him?" she shouted, drawing everyone's attention.

Confused, Rohit first looked at her and then at him.

"Why do you keep talking to him, when he doesn't want to talk to you?"

Rohit understood the situation and looked at him.

"A first year girl is now fighting on behalf of you?" He started slow clapping. SLAP! Shyla didn't know what came over and simply slapped him as the entire canteen let out loud sighs of enjoying the scene.

"What the FUCK is wrong with you?"He shouted at her. Shyla took a step back. Everything was silent for a million micro seconds.

Rohit narrowed his eyes at Vikas.

"You haven't told her yet have you?"

"Told me what?" Shyla asked all tensed up.

"It's nothing." Vikas said facing towards her.

"You bloody haven't told her anything, have you?" Rohit smirked and continued. "She thinks you are all innocent and flawless. Imagine her disappointment when she comes to know about the REAL you."

"Don't start it, now Rohit." Vikas said with his teeth clenched hard.

Rohit simply walked over to Shyla and pointed her, the finger.

"Next time, when you think you know everything, get your facts checked first."

Walking away with his friends, Shyla stood there confused and started walking towards Vikas.

The crowd began dispersing, knowing that it was the end of the entertainment.

Vikas took Shyla's hand and began examining it. It had turned red due to the impact.

"Did it hurt?" He asked her with softness in his eyes.

"What is it that I don't know about you Vikas?"She asked, pulling her hand away from him.

He looked into her eyes. The same brown ones, who caught his attention on the very first time he had seen her.

"Vikas!" She shouted at him; bringing him out of his reverie.

"Trust me, you wouldn't want to know." He picked up his bag and began walking towards his class. She ran and caught up with him.

"Look I know we all have our secrets, how bad can yours be?" she asked him.

He stopped at his tracks and turned towards her.

Holding her shoulders with his long hands he leaned in and said, "Trust me. You don't want to know mine."

Shyla stood there, not realizing that the world is not as nice it seems to be.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2nd August:

H-14, Adarsh Apartments,

Next to Suburbia Movie theatre,

Vile Parle (east),

Mumbai, Maharastra.

11:30pm.

It was for the nth time that Shyla had broached the topic again.

He seemed to be simply good at deviating from the topic.

She stared at her phone screen, blankly.

*

Shyla: Why won't you tell me?

Vikas: Tell you what?

Shyla: You know what I'm talking about -_-

Vikas: Oh! That! Before that, just tell me which chocolates are best to gift a girl?

Shyla: Lindt chocolates. The ones with the wine are the best.

Vikas: Ok.

Shyla: Who is it for?

Shyla: Girlfriend?

Vikas: Someone special.

Vikas: Sort Of.

Shyla: Oh.

Vikas: Which is the best way to tell her 'I Love You?'

Shyla: Just tell her directly, when you are at some place romantic.

Vikas: Romantic as in?

Shyla: Carters, Somewhere off a cliff at Sanjay Gandhi National Park during the monsoon, actually depends on the type of girl.

Vikas: Ok. 

Shyla: Who's this girl? Do I know her?

Vikas: I think you do ;) jealous?

Shyla: Pufft! Why should I be jealous?

Vikas: Okayyyy. Good Night!!!

Shyla: Good night. N keep your stuff, where it should belongs. IN YOUR PANTS! Poor girl will run away. GN.

Vikas: Hahaha! J :D :3

*

Vikas looked at their messages. So Lindt chocolates it is.

A small smile crept on his face, before he pulled the covers over his face and slept away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*