Chapter 11: A New Plan

Draco woke up the next morning surprised to see Harry's bed empty. He immediately rose stepping into the hallway.

He shouldn't have fallen asleep. For all he knew Harry had gone back to Ginny and when kids get involved...

Draco turned into the kitchen just as Harry filled a plate.

"Oh, you're awake. I was going to bring this up to you." Harry stated.

Draco was silent. Harry stood in the kitchen wearing his green sweatshirt. Draco had to admit it looked hot...He wondered if Harry felt like this every time Draco wore one of the Gryffindor sweatshirts.

Draco shook his head.

"I should be making you breakfast Harry," Draco stated walking over and standing across from Harry. "How are you feeling?"

Draco watched Harry run his hand through his hair.

"Rather embarrassed. So consider this an apology breakfast. I didn't mean what I said last night." Harry said looking down. "I tossed and turned all night"

"I'm not talking about that. You honestly have no reason to be sorry. I gave you a hate potion to combat the love potion that Ginny gave you." Draco stated reaching over eating the french toast Harry made.

"And to be completely honest with you I actually expected worse. The potion did its job, which I knew it would, so don't worry about it." Draco stated watching Harry nod.

"I like that. Come on" Harry stated picking up the platter gesturing Draco to follow.

"Like what?" Draco asked following Harry down a hallway.

Draco watched Harry open some doors to a terrace where a small table sat. He set the breakfast down.

"That little bit of confidence you just had. Let's sit yeah? What were you expecting?"

Draco sat across from Harry before continuing to eat.

"It was a hate spell so I was expecting a beating. I've had worse done by people who don't even know me." Draco stated.

He looked down as Harry touched his hand.

"You should know by now I don't hate you. If anything just some things that you've done, but there's always thing people dislike."

Draco blushed feeling warmth coming from Harry's hand.

"I believe that now and after last night I know. Speaking of which... Are you really okay? Ginny drugged you.."

Draco watched Harry raise his hand stopping him.

"What are you going to do about Ginny? She drugged you and almost... It would have been nonconsensual" Draco trailed off as Harry held his hand up.

"Right now I want to focus on Teddy and keeping you safe," Harry stated

Draco looked Harry up and down but something seemed off. He seemed different. Almost more fragile. Draco decided to push his luck as Harry took a sip of tea.

"One question and I'll stop," Draco stated

Draco watched Harry look him up and down before giving a nod.

"Because I like you...JUST one."

Draco nodded

"Do you think she ever loved you?" Draco asked quietly.

He watched Harry's jaw tighten.

Draco had his answer.

"Actually...Did she ever hurt you?" Draco asked.