The beginning

Unknown POV~

I have never been more scared in my entire life, 

I looked at the monster in front of me while clutching my abdomen which had blood gushing out of it at an alarming rate. My vision had started to fade a while ago, but I was still standing for one reason. I was hoping for her to be okay.  

The chill night air felt like it was pushing down on my head, trying to get me to obey and give up, all the blood that remained rushed through my brain, which led to the rest of my body heavily shaking trying to keep upraised.  Ragged breaths escaped my throat while keeping eye contact with the entity in front of me as if I was saying: "what are you waiting for? do it, you pussy!", perhaps as a last act of bravery. Or it might've been pure stupidity. There is little to no difference between the 2 terms either way. 

I was lucky that the adrenaline was still very present, but also afraid of what the multiple stabs would feel like once it had left my body. 

A single salty tear escaped from my eye as I saw the monster lunge at me, finally letting myself slip and await in the darkness, still hoping for her safety, even though I didn't want to admit it to myself, not again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday Addams stepped out of the car, her mother, father, and little brother following her close behind. "Oh my little storm cloud, are you excited for your new year at nevermore?", her father asked her to which she answered in typical Wednesday fashion: " I am simply thrilled to see which tragedies I'll be able to conflict this year father." 

Her dad smiled widely at her, if it was anyone else that person would have been mildly concerned for her mental well-being, but her family had grown used to Wednesday's blunt answers. 

Lurch also came from behind his driver's seat and moved to the trunk to unload Wednesday's baggage, which consisted of 3 suitcases: one for her clothes and other stuff, one for her cello, and one for her large typewriter. Even though she had a phone now where she had the possibility to write her novel in a much faster and more effective way, she preferred the old way. 

Throughout the vacation, she hadn't even glanced at her brand-new phone, it had just laid on top of her nightstand for about 2 months. Charging wasn't necessary either, the tortured artist who presumed he was her friend must've tried to contact her many times to be met with nothing but silence. 

Her mother was busy trying to keep her brother from wandering off into the immense school building of Nevermore academy so luckily she was preoccupied. 

Lurch went inside to bring Wednesday's luggage to her dorm when she noticed a bizarre thing, almost all of the students were packed together in the middle of the courtyard like they were all watching something. 

Curiously Wednesday joined them, not really sure what to expect. Right when she had squeezed through enough people to see what was going on, she heard a familiar lively voice from behind her. 

"Wednesday! O my god I hadn't seen you arrive!"

It was Enid Sinclair, the girl that had befriended Wednesday last year, and as much as she hated to admit it, had also found a place in her little black heart.  She would never tell her that though, that's for sure. 

"Enid", she said as she nodded in acknowledgment, "Do you have any idea of what's going on here?"

"You didn't hear? We're going to meet our new principal after principal Weems departed from up last year we couldn't let the school unattended of course. "