hugs invite new unwanted feelings, I will avoid them from now on

It has been 2 days of excruciating bedrest for Wednesday, but finally, she felt better, her fever had passed the day before and she could actually keep her food inside now!

And after a debate, Enid agreed with letting Wednesday get out of bed. Her vision swayed a little bit, which is logical if you've mostly lay still for the past 2 days but it passed rather quickly.

By now it was already Saturday, so they didn't have classes to attend. Excited that Wednesday was better she offered to just take a walk around the school to get some fresh air after being stuck in the room. By now, Enid had forgotten that she still had to be mad at the girl.

So they went for a nice walk around campus, looking at all the friend groups hanging out in the chill late-September sun. laughing and joking with each other with no care in the world or hugging each other trying to comfort each other.

"So, Wednesday, the day before yesterday you said something about a vision you had, was that real or were you just delirious?", Enid asked trying to spike a conversation with her pigtailed roommate.

"It was very real, and helpful, I officially have a prime suspect, the only problem I'm currently facing is collecting evidence", Wednesday answered truthfully while they were walking in the courtyard in between students.

"What is the problem? O my gosh, is your suspect a townie?", Enid questioned trying to discover who it was.

"It is Lucas Walker, the ex-mayor's son", well that went easier than expected...

Enid didn't really know how to feel about that information though, last year she had been to the Rave'N with him and he had been the one responsible for the paint accident, but could she really see him actively stalking someone?

Well, last time it became clear that she didn't know him at all so he could be more unpredictable than Enid would expect.

"But even though I am quite convinced that my assumptions are correct, I still need to prove to get rid of him, and sadly he lives in town. So, Enid, do you know how I can slip into town without being detected?"

Enid was too stunned to speak, Wednesday Addams actually asked her for help. Did she trust her enough to be given advice? This thought made her heart flutter with happiness.  

"Well, didn't mister Fletcher mentions something about student workers in Jericho? Yoko told me that Bianca has a job like that and she's allowed to leave every Saturday to work there", Enid remembered the last conversation she had had with Yoko just before Wednesday got sick, they were talking about it with the other vampires who knew Bianca personally, "I could ask her how she convinced the principal to let her have a job there."

Wednesday felt a little spark of excitement in her chest, this could actually work! She thanked Enid for the help and asked her roommate to talk to Bianca for her because she surely wouldn't help her directly, last year she had made that crystal clear. 

"Of course Wednesday, everything for my best friend!", the cheery girl laughed.

But before leaving she doubtfully looked at Wednesday and then back at the floor, she wanted something. After a few seconds, she slowly opened her arms and stood there, asking Wednesday for a hug with her eyes, asking if it was okay, letting her choose herself if she was comfortable enough to do it.

 Hesitantly, Wednesday looked at her arms for a second, before taking a cautious step right in front of Enid's torso. The wolf-girl enthusiastically closed her arms and embraced her friend laying her head on top of Wednesday's which was situated in the crook of Enid's neck. 

Enid let out a content sigh and Wednesday couldn't help herself from actually enjoying the physical contact with the girl. 

A weird foreign feeling returned to the girl's stomach. Like spiders were crawling through there at raging speed. She didn't like it one bit, not being able to control her own emotions.