Was I the problem?

Could you believe that it was actually the 4th time this week that Wednesday snuck around the school? 

At this point, it was just too easy! Next to the occasional dodging of a 'nightguard', there wasn't really a threat anymore. And those so-called 'guards' weren't really into their job because Wednesday found at least 2 sleeping on her way back to the dorm.

So once Wednesday arrived at the dorms again, still soaked to the bone and ice cold, an overwhelming feeling of self-disappointment for not finding anything useful was very present.

She entered the dorm and made sure to close the door as silently as she could when suddenly a voice behind her made her jump and turn around fast as lighting with wide eyes. "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

Enid Sinclair had awoken 10 minutes ago and was surprised to see the bed next to her completely empty, and suspiciously her roommate's backpack and the hand-sized family member had also disappeared into thin air.

For whatever reason, Enid was the only person that could see right through Wednesday if she lied. But in this case, it wasn't that hard to do so. The girl was drenched, still dripping and she claimed that she had snuck out to steal bleach from the janitor's closet.

"Just the fact that you're lying to me makes me like 10 times madder than I was before! So I'll give you one more chance Wednesday! Where were you and why are you obviously trembling?". Enid demanded an answer from her roommate. She was really pissed, not only because she didn't tell her but because she had the AUDACITY to lie when she asked about it!

"It's none of your business Enid.", Wednesday rudely answered, and this spiked the normally sunny girl's anger.

Her face crunched in frustration and she promised to not speak to Wednesday again until she told her where she had been. "Are we not friends? We're supposed to tell each other everything!"

Wednesday just ignored her angry roommate, currently, she was feeling too miserable to care. She was cold, her nose was running, her head was pounding and she felt like she could collapse any moment now because her legs were shaking like crazy!

So she went into her bathroom to change into her pajamas so she could at least sleep for a few hours, she'll feel better after that for sure.

So she climbed in her bed, Enid already in hers facing her back to Wednesday, and shut her eyes which made her drift away immediately out of pure exhaustion.

---------------------------------------------------------------

When Wednesday woke up a few hours later, she felt even worse than she had felt before taking a nap, her head was still pounding, and she felt the pressure inside the back of her head building up trying to break through her skull and skin open and fly away from the cracks. Like a chick cracking through its egg. 

Not only that, she was nauseous and once she stood up she felt like her head weighed three times as heavy as normal, having trouble standing up straight with stupid shaking legs and dizziness. 

"Great", she mumbled as she took a small box from under her bed, it was a case full of potions from her family, there had to be at least a painkilling brew right? Wednesday had been sick before but never had this many symptoms at once. 

Every time she was sick at home her parents had not really cared, they were too busy smooching each other to notice. So she took care of herself instead, mostly staying in bed. 

But now she didn't feel like laying in bed the whole day, it would put a stop to her investigation and she wouldn't let Enid see that she got sick, she had too much pride for that. Wednesday would just have to sit it through until it disappears from itself.