vision

Wednesday woke up from a highly uncomfortable nap. Her night had consisted of going in and out of sleep, but when awake she was too tired to think about anything other than how stupid she had been kissing Enid. 

Groaning she tossed and turned in her bed. Enid hadn't even returned last night, was she mad at her? 

No, she couldn't be, she had confessed to her, right? Was it genuine? Or an impulsive in-the-moment thing? 

A slight dread settled in the pit of her stomach, but she chose to ignore it at first. She was probably just with Yoko, right? Her inside voice yelled at her to check, she tried to ignore the feeling in her gut that something wasn't correct, but there was no harm in checking right? 

She took off to Yoko, just to make sure. She felt worried, not like she would ever tell Enid that though, forget it! 

But once she arrived at Yoko's dorm she was met with one very grumpy vampire that claimed that she hadn't seen Enid since she moved back in with her roomie. Then she rudely slammed that door in her face and muttered something about going back to sleep. 

Aren't vampires supposed to be nocturnal? 

This disturbed Wednesday, to say the least as she abruptly turned around, not giving any recognition to the vampire whatsoever. She was too busy getting lost in her thoughts. 

"If she is not with Yoko or in their dorm, then where could she be?" 

Hastily she marched through the hallways of Nevermore, the sun had started rising resolving into a soft golden glow through the painted windows of the building. 

It would technically be a beautiful morning, but Wednesday didn't pay any mind to it. She did like rainy mornings with grey skies better anyways, those mornings when the mist is so thick that you shouldn't ride a bike in fear of being in an accident.  

Without paying any mind to her surroundings, completely lost in thought her body went on some kind of auto-pilot, walking her to a destination unbeknownst to her. 

The first time she was aware again, she found herself at the statue where she had also been last night. The entrance of the Nightshade's library. 

"Maybe she stayed in here for whatever reason?", Wednesday wondered. She didn't understand Enid's actions lots of times, this could be one of those moments hopefully.

So she snapped her fingers twice and the door opened for her, painfully slow might she add. Why do they always make these statues open so slowly? Is it really necessary? Probably for the dramatics and emphasis on the importance of a location, nitwits. 

Rapidly she walked down the cold stone stairs once again, but to her annoyance, there was still no Enid in sight. 

But there was something else, Enid's barrette. Strange, why would her friend leave her hair accessory here? 

She went to pick the hairpin up but from the moment she touched it, a wave of electricity traveled through her body, her head snapped back and her vision shifted to her supernatural sight. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

All she could see was inside a bag with the tiniest bit of light peeking through its fabric. Dread and fear are the only emotions present, Fear of the unknown. 

And a thousand questions are going through her mind.

Who did this? Where was she? What was going to happen to her?

And just like that, the sack got yanked from her head.  She was bound and stuck to a tree, her captor behind her. The frustration of not being able to see who it was and her need to get out of the situation made her pointlessly screw her wrists against the tightrope.