We're going to need another suspect...

Blood warning I guess

~~ 19 years ago, somewhere in Jericho ~~

Mallory might have been one of the most unfortunate 18-year-old girls in Jericho. 

She sat at her big stone fireplace, the fire keeping her warm and cozy as she tried to heat her pregnant belly. 

She hadn't planned for it to go this way. She was supposed to be happy. 

You see, she met the love of her life 5 months ago. She did everything with him. Her parents were almost never home and he took care of her. I love you and other gestures of love floated through the air. They went picnicking together, cooking together, and cleaning up together. 

The warm fuzzy feeling that felt even warmer than the inferno of the fireplace never left her chest for one moment. 

He was there for her, and she was there for him and everything had been perfect. When she looked at her future, she didn't see a lot, but she did know that he was the main brick that she would build it with. 

Together they were going to do beautiful things, gazing at the bright blue sky above seeing only cute animals and little hearts formed from the white cotton candy in the sky.  

But that had all been bullshit. 

The sky can't stay blue forever and the clouds can't keep looking like white cotton candy. Sometimes it will rain, and sometimes the wind will blow. 

And sometimes you can't even see the blue through the thick layer of grey. 

But one night, the storm had settled and through the thick mist, it wasn't even possible to look at the sky any longer. 

She had found out about a child that was growing inside of her. First, she had been scared. But with his help, she knew they could face it together. 

The two of them are against the world. Soon 3 of them.

Their very own little family, happily living together in a small but cozy house with 3 cats. 

She previously went to Nevermore, but soon quit it. The love of her life's family hated the school and would've never accepted her in the family if she went there. She did it for him. 

She would do anything for him. She would even kill for him. 

Every day he would come to visit her stuck at home. He would enter and kiss her forehead, tell her he loved her more than anything in the world, and give her a kiss on her belly greeting his future child. Her smile never faded as she lovingly gazed at the man that would become her husband. The man she wanted to stay with for the rest of her life. 

It was perfect, everything was perfect. They were perfect. 

Until they weren't. Until everything went to shit.

Her boyfriend kept showing up less and less, sometimes forgetting the kiss, sometimes forgetting to say the 3 words that would make her heart flutter. 

Until one night, he didn't show up again. 

She waited for him, silently weeping upstairs, so her parents couldn't hear, they couldn't even look at their failure of a daughter. Quitting school, getting pregnant and the father leaving her all alone. 

To her, it felt like their love for her had also departed long ago. So she couldn't accept that her one and only love was truly gone. Because if he was, she would be all alone.