Lunar eclipse

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1Zd6wSqFQoEFlaXekIydmM?si=f7c62daf78d94a4f&nd=1

--------------------------------------------------------

The sound of melancholic cello notes flew trembling through the evening air. The tones swirl in its dark wooden chest that originated in Italy and escape through one hole in its surface.

A bow of the same pernambuco wood on which horsehair was stretched, freshly applied with rosin.

The cello was Wednesday's escape from the world. When she played it was only her and the strings beneath her bow, everything around her disappearing.

It was one of the only ways for Wednesday to express her feelings truly, let it all out, and clear her head so she could focus again on more important things. Her state of mind flows from her mind through her blood vessels to the tips of her fingers, rolling into her bow and then directly into the notes through the air.

That's why the song was slower today, less firm, and less determined.

Enid lay in her bed listening to the mournful melody, eyes closed and on her back, staring at the ceiling of her and Wednesday's dorm.

She had moved into her dorm again 2 hours ago, her anxiety keeping her from trying to talk to her raven friend about her attraction. A constant feeling of stress on her chest made her breathing feel weird.

She focused on her respiration, air flowing into her lungs and back out into the atmosphere, the music numbing the scratching demon in her brain. She sighed, letting her muscles relax with the sound of Wednesday's cello feeling somehow connected to it, to her. To how she was feeling, how she was seeing the world and what thoughts she had but never dared to out.

She turned to her side, her eyes slowly closing. She hadn't planned on falling asleep this early, that was obvious because she hadn't even changed clothes yet. Again. She had a knack for falling asleep in her bed when she didn't really want to. But it was too irresistible with the cello music playing.

Wait. No!

Enid shot up, confused with her head pounding, which planet was she on?

Shit, she had fallen asleep she thought when she saw the dark sky outside and the missing of cello music.

"Apologies for waking you up Enid, go back to sleep."

Wednesday stood at the door, ready to sneak out, again. And Enid was wide awake all of a sudden.

"Where are you going", she asked, cautiously.

"Not important, I should be back in a few minutes, stay here."

And with that, she walked out of the door disappearing in the cover of darkness.

"Yea, not a chance Wends."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 minutes earlier ~

"How is it this even possible?! There was nobody there! How could this person take a picture of me now?!", Wednesday frantically paced at her desk, Thing watching with a weird gut feeling.

Frustrated she threw her phone on the desk, the unknown text number revealing new pictures of Wednesday playing cello literally 30 minutes ago.

The sky had been light enough to see everything and Wednesday had watched from the moment she received the message. Nothing. Absolutely nothing!

"Are you sure you didn't see anything Thing?", Wednesday asked desperately. There had to be something! At that moment Thing had been turning the pages of her partitura, something must've caught his eye right?