My Honorary Sister

PRESENT TIME

ENTRY-2

I am still spying on Rowena and that horrible cousin of mine who is taking my sister, err, sister figure, or, in other words, honorary sister, away.

Nothing bad happened, so I decided to spy on her later when she was alone. Bad move. She saw me spying on her, but only because I wanted her to.

MEMORY

Rowena is sitting on the table on the balcony, reading a book while sipping tea. She then turns around and notices me spying on her. She kept the teacup on the table and addressed me, "Dearest Athanasia, for what do I have the pleasure of you spying on me?" I had to lie fast, and it had to be believable. Fortunately, sometimes that's what I am best at. "Oh, it's for a diary entry." "For what?" she asked with suspicion. "So people will know about the construction of our school after our passing; besides, you suggested starting to write a diary." "Alright, am I the only one, or are you going to record the others too for your diary?" "Uh, the others too, of course." "Are you sure?" Of course I am; why wouldn't I be? and Rena?" "Yes?" "Could I borrow a few books?" "About what?" "Abilities, creatures, and wizarding families" "OK, 8th rack on the left—my room." "Thanks; see you soon." I went immediately to her room, took those books, and left to read them. (Thank goodness she was only suspicious, meaning she didn't know.) My horrible luck is useful sometimes. Soon after I finished doing so, I duplicated the books for my purposes and went to return the original to her. Let's just say that I hate Rastaban Black with every fiber of my existence, even if he is my cousin( I can't get myself to forgive him; I swear, I tried, but I just can't). We are not close at all (definitely not after that incident) because we have nothing in common except wishing the best for Rena( she is very important for the timeline to complete and continue properly; she is also my sister figure, and I guess that he loves her). Unfortunately for me, I saw him there, sitting next to Rena, reading a book. I knocked on the door even when it was open. "Evening cousin, Rena. Thank you for the books," I said, keeping a blank face( the perfect Slytherin mask). I placed the books in their respective places and left to visit Ric and Elie. I must not let it slip that Rena and Rastaban are reading together, even though I think that I must have accidentally let it slip. Ric is not fond of Rastaban, and both he and Ellie love her like their own sibling (maybe more than their siblings). Even if someone slips Verita serum into my drink, it can be lied to—not exactly—but can be outsmarted if they know how to.

END OF MEMORY

What is verita serum? What do I mean by being outsmarted by it? Verita means the truth; is it something that makes someone tell the truth? God, it's quite confusing. I should consult my mother or sister soon; if they find out about it themselves, I'll get into so much trouble. My day was fine; I helped Ellie bake treats and supper and scouted the forest for nargals, and after supper, I scouted for the thestrals.

End of Entry 2

PRESENT TIME

She sounds like Loony Lovegood with more intelligence.

She hates him, doesn't she? asked someone

Why does she hate him?

Aren't Black Slytherin's descendants?

Her lying skills are awesome!

Slytherin himself is a half-blood! Then why did he decide to only allow pure blood there?

Discussions and rumors were on fire, and insults were thrown. Suddenly, the journal opened another page, and the same melodious voice grabbed everyone's attention again, thus putting the scandalous discussions and rumors to an end.

A/N - This chapter was originally published around the end of May 2023.