The Duel of Destiny

ENTRY -12

The duel is coming nearer, it still makes me feel hopeless since It wasn't a duel against any ordinary opponent, but against the very person who had raised me (well neglected me but still, he is my father who rarely paid attention to me)- my father. Despite my confidence in my abilities, I couldn't shake the feeling of helplessness that seemed to consume me. Every waking moment was spent in rigorous training, not only to sharpen my skills but to distract my troubled mind.

Unfortunately, Ellie, my sister in all but blood, noticed the torment that engulfed me. This evening, she took it upon herself to coax the truth out of me. She whisked me away to a peaceful spot, far from the distractions of our warrior training grounds. After her pestering me for a long time, I opened up to Ellie, starting to reveal the burdens that weighed heavily on my shoulders. Just as I was about to unburden myself completely, an emergency council meeting interrupted our conversation. A sense of urgency filled the air as I rushed to the council chambers. It seemed as though a war was on the brink of breaking loose, bringing forth a selection for a rank promotion that none of us were prepared for. Despite the chaos and uncertainty that loomed over us, I made a promise to Ellie that I would reveal everything once this situation had passed. With a heavy heart, I bid her farewell and plunged headfirst into the impending battle. The selection for rank promotion was nothing short of intense. Three rounds of fierce combat tested our might, courage, skills, and how we complete the task under pressure. The first two rounds proved to be relatively easy victories for me, boosting my confidence. However, the final battle, the one that truly mattered, pitched me against my greatest rival - my cousin Nyssa.

I am sure that this is the day when destiny forces us to confront our shared history and put an end to the hatred that has consumed her heart for so long. Nyssa, my cousin, has always despised me with an unrelenting passion. Jealousy and resentment fueled her hate, and she would stop at nothing to bring me down. Our family, once united, had become divided, torn apart by fate. But today, in this arena, it all ends. As the sun rose, casting a golden glow upon the landscape, I felt a mix of anticipation and fear coursing through my veins. In my heart, however, there was a flicker of hope. I knew that beneath Nyssa's anger, there still lay a glimmer of the love we once shared as children. It was my last chance, my final hope, to reach her and bring her back from the abyss. Nyssa approached with a graceful yet menacing stride, her eyes piercing through my soul. The air crackled with electric energy, embodying the intensity of our shared emotions. With a quick flick of her hand, Nyssa conjured an orb of magic and flung it towards me. Instinctively, I raised my shield, but its impact sent waves of pain cascading through my body. I could feel the searing heat of the battle burning my skin, leaving permanent scars as a reminder of this epic struggle. We danced across the battlefield, weaving spells and exchanging blows, each move reflecting the tempestuous history we shared. Every hit, every word exchanged, carried the weight of years of resentment and heartache. Necks craned from the sidelines, witnessing this final show of strength and power. But during the chaos, an unexpected turn of events took place. The ground beneath us erupted, creating a chasm that separated Nyssa from me. Surprised, she stumbled, weakened by the sudden shift in terrain. It was my chance, my opportunity to break the cycle and become cousins once again. With a deep breath and a flicker of hope, I gathered all my strength. As I stood on the edge of the chasm, I reached out my hand to her, however, she seemed and decided to not accept my help and stubbornly tried to get out by herself. I decided to say a few words to her. My voice filled with both determination and love. "Nyssa, stop this. We don't have to be enemies. Remember the love we once shared laughter, the joy. Let go of the darkness that consumes you." Nyssa's eyes held a glimmer of recognition, a hint of the cousin I used to know. I could see the battle raging within her, the desire to be free from the pain that had driven her for so long. Slowly, she reached out her hand towards mine, tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry, Anastasia. I let my hate consume me. Can you ever forgive me?" she choked out, her voice trembling. Without hesitation, I pulled her out of the chasm, pulling Nyssa into an embrace that carried the weight of reconciliation. At that moment, the cycle was broken, and a new path was forged. As the sun began to set on the battlefield, word spread of our victory over hate and darkness. I was promoted on the spot for my excellence, not just in battle, but in the healing power of forgiveness. The scars on my shoulders served as a reminder of this showdown, a symbol of triumph over adversity. So, as I write these words, Diary, I feel a sense of relief, but also a renewed purpose. A world that was once divided can now begin to heal. Nyssa, my cousin turned nemesis, has become my ally once more, and together, we will work towards building a future filled with love and understanding.

Before leaving to celebrate our victories both Nyssa and I treated each other's injuries like we used to do when we were young.

MEMORY

In a small village nestled amidst rolling hills, the cheerful laughter of two best friends echoed through the meadows. Athanasia and Nyssa, both young and carefree, shared an unbreakable bond. Their days were filled with joy, exploration, and endless adventures. One sunny afternoon, a mischievous idea popped into Athanasia's head. Grinning mischievously, she turned to her friend, Nyssa, and said, "Let's play pirates, Nyssa! We'll sail the seven seas, find buried treasure, and conquer the world!" Nyssa's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Yes, let's do it! I'll be the fearless captain, and you can be the first mate. But we need a ship!" They scoured the village, collecting wooden planks, ropes, and even an old sail. With their creative minds, they managed to construct a magnificent pirate ship in no time. As they set sail across the imaginary sea, their imaginations soared. Together, they faced exciting challenges, battled mythical creatures, and discovered a hidden island. One day during their pirate escapade, Nyssa slipped on a slippery rock and twisted her ankle. She winced in pain, tears welling up in her eyes. Athanasia rushed to her friend's side, concern etched on her face. "Are you okay, Nyssa? Don't worry, I'll take care of you," Athanasia reassured her. With gentle hands, Athanasia helped Nyssa back onto their pirate ship. She used her shawl as a makeshift bandage and carefully wrapped it around Nyssa's injured ankle, and willed to heal her ankle and provide support and comfort. Although Nyssa was miffed by the sprain, she smiled at her dear friend. "Thank you, Athanasia. You're the best friend I could ever ask for."

END OF MEMORY

After I returned home, my body was weary and battered, and I finally had the chance to confess everything to Ellie. I explained the harsh realities of my existence - a childhood filled with neglect from my father, and verbal abuse from my stepmother and stepsister. The shocking revelation that my father wasn't my biological parent, but had chosen to blood-adopt and name me his heir. The constant criticism from the people around me, as well as my aunts. The life-endangering missions and risks I had to face within the council. I poured out my heart, revealing the depths of my helplessness and the overwhelming weight it had upon my soul. I spoke of Patrick, a man who was intended to be my groom, but who had fallen in love with another. I slowly revealed my plan to bring them together, knowing that I could never have him for myself. Lastly, I spoke of the disappointment and heartache that love had brought into my life. In that vulnerable moment, Ellie listened compassionately, offering solace and understanding.

She reminded me that true strength lies not in physical prowess but in one's ability to endure and find resilience in the face of adversity. I realized that despite the challenges that life had thrown at me, I had come out stronger, braver, and more determined than ever. And so, as the dawn broke on a new day, I embraced my destiny with open arms. The duel with my father still loomed, but armed with newfound courage and the support of my loved ones, I knew that I was no longer helpless.

END OF ENTRY