ENTRY - 11

MEMORY

I hastily prepared myself by following Ignotus's instructions on how to dress and behave for the event. I wore an unadorned pale blue dress and only a single brooch that belonged to the Black family-it was left to me. An hour before nine, I arrived at the Peverell Ancestral Manor, and the sight of its magnificent facade took my breath away. The imposing structure stood tall, its weathered stones whispering stories of generations past. Inside, the grand halls exuded an air of both luxury and history, with intricate tapestries adorning the walls and the faint scent of aged wood lingering in the air. With each step I took, the weight of my responsibility as an heiress seemed to reverberate through the marble floors, a constant reminder of the legacy I had to uphold. Each step I took through the grand halls of the ancestral manor was accompanied by an internal struggle to establish myself and escape the shadow created by my stepmother's daughter. From academic achievements to social recognition, she always seemed to effortlessly claim the spotlight. It was a constant battle to prove my worth and claim my rightful place as an heiress, the daughter of the first wife. I tirelessly pursued excellence in my studies, participated in various charitable activities, and actively engaged in social events to showcase my capabilities and distinguish myself from her shadow. Deep down, I always yearned for recognition and validation-a chance to finally outshine her and claim my rightful place. However, that recognition was always snatched away. Susannah is known as the kind sister, whereas they call me the cold one or the snow-hearted and unkind sister. When the bridegroom and his family arrived, I graciously toured them around the house.

The look on my stepmother's face when she realized I had not only arrived on time but also properly executed the responsibilities of an heiress was priceless. She seemed to desire the bridegroom for her daughter, but the parents were all about me. There were two guys and two girls, and it was clear that the lads were related to each other(they look very similar from the eyes to the facial structure) and one of the females was wearing a wedding band that matched one of the men. The wearing of a wedding band by one of the females does not indicate that she is married to one of the men; she could be engaged or wearing a ring for another reason, but I believe that the boy and the girl are wed. One of the girls looked very nervous, and the other tried to comfort her and glared fiercely at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead and not writing this entry. As I observed the interactions between the two females, it became evident that there was an underlying tension and guardedness. While one of my possible theories could be a forbidden love affair or a complicated relationship, there could be other explanations as well. Perhaps they were childhood friends with a long history of shared secrets, or maybe their connection was purely platonic but enveloped in mystery.

As the tour was completed, my father suggested that I and the groom talk on the balcony. It was a customary tradition for the bride and groom to have a private conversation before the wedding ceremony. This moment allowed us to discuss our expectations, fears and hopes for the future. Little did I know that this conversation would reveal a shocking revelation that would change the course of the evening. One of his companions, the other girl, also came with him. His parents glared at her, yet she still followed him. It was amusing. Curiosity overwhelmed me, and I couldn't resist pondering the nature of the girl's relationship with the groom. Was she just a close friend, or did their connection run deeper? Anyway, she seemed to annoy Susannah, so she's in my good graces.

When we sat on the balcony, he straightforwardly apologized, saying, "I apologized for making you sit here and getting your hopes high for marriage, but I assure you that this marriage will never take place since the one I love is Viviana." wrapping his arms protectively around the girl's waist. As I watched their interaction, it became clear that there was genuine affection between them. The way he held her and the look in his eyes spoke volumes about their connection. It was evident that Viviana held a special place in his heart, and it was refreshing to see such honesty and devotion. I replied," It is not a big problem for me, but I do find myself intrigued by what reason prevents you two from being together." Viviana looked shocked, and Patrick asked me to elaborate on my statement. I explained that their love and affection were undeniable, but sometimes life throws unexpected obstacles in the way of relationships. Regardless of the reason, it was clear that their bond was strong enough to withstand any challenges they might face. I reassured them both that true love always finds a way and encouraged them to communicate openly about their concerns. I reminded them that every relationship has its hurdles, but it is how they navigate through them that truly matters. As long as they are willing to fight for their love, I do not doubt that they will overcome any obstacles standing in their way and eventually be together.