Experience

ENTRY 15

The day was horrible. If only Sal had listened to me, maybe we wouldn't have gotten into such trouble. Why the heck did Sal want to deliberately go search for monsters, especially basilisks when he had Basilli, the best basilisk in the whole wide world? Sal believed that he needed venom from 'wild basilisks' instead of Basilli's venom for his potion to work. He explained that 'wild basilisks' have been exposed to different environmental factors and have developed a more potent venom as a result. Sal experimented and found that there were higher levels of certain compounds in the venom of 'wild basilisks' compared to captive ones, whose venom is more potent. The problem was that he was too successful, as he found not one but a whole clutch of them, which was way too much.

Fortunately, he managed to contact me via IM. I requested that he grab onto my arm after I shadow-traveled there. I was truly amazed by Sal's unwavering dedication to his craft. Even in the face of danger, he clung onto his neon green flask of potions, a symbol of his passion and expertise. It was clear that his love for potions was not just a passing interest but a driving force in his life. This incident showed that Sal's dedication to his craft remained strong even in life-and-death situations.

However, I was very irritated by his actions. Even lo- I mean even friendship has its limits. Sighing, I mumbled a few (colorful) curses under my breath. At least we're safe now, I thought.

𝐻𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝒾𝑔𝑜𝒹 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, trouble will follow.

The ground shook beneath our feet as the enormous basilisks crawled towards us, their scales glistening in the dim light. Their eyes, like shards of ice, fixed upon us with a haunting intensity that sent shivers down our spines. With every move they made, the air filled with the sound of scales scraping against the ground, creating an eerie symphony of danger. My heart raced, pounding in my chest like drums, as Sal and I desperately sought a way to escape. Amid the chaos, I injured my arm as I stumbled and fell, a small price to pay for our survival.

My encounter with the basilisks taught me the importance of persistence and commitment in pursuing our passions. It showed me that we all have the inner courage to overcome terrifying obstacles. It serves as a reminder that genuine dedication requires bravery and a willingness to adapt to the unknown. I was completely shaken by this encounter with the basilisks. I had a rush of excitement mixed with fear at that precise time. A fresh understanding of life's fragility emerged when we realized how uncertain our circumstances were. I discovered a strength I had never known existed and that, no matter how terrifying the challenge, I could find the courage to face it head-on. This adventure gave me out-of-the-box ideas to win that duel.

Fortunately, we managed to be there for dinner and Sal helped to cover up my injuries which saved us from an even dangerous more Ellie.