The council meeting

Sal is the most charming out of the four of them; his silver tongue could convince people to do anything and everything. He acts too mature at times and cares immensely about the people he loves. He suggested the idea of building a school so that the price of education decreases. Well, no more suspicious Rena, and now whoever gets your hands on this will get a better view of them. I need to head to bed now. Tomorrow the council is finalising the decision and the new rule will be passed, so I and the other children of the underworld will have fewer responsibilities, meaning that I won't have too much paperwork. I'll talk more about it in the next entry I write.

END OF ENTRY

As soon as the entry was completed, people were baffled: a Griffindor marrying a black family? A Slytherin openly talking about being the apprentice of a Potter—a ridiculously light family (or so people believed)—made voices and rumors spread faster than wildfire. But of course, the diary will put an end to it, right? No, Dumbledore needed time to think and alter his plans accordingly, meaning he needed to read the diary first, so he sent the children off to bed by saying that it was too late and that they needed rest and told them that they could continue this the next day at dinner. After he was in the privacy of his office, he tried to read the diary, but he was unable to. Furiously, he destroyed half his office and started to alter the plans due to the damage caused. He regrets not reading the diary first, and unfortunately for him, he will regret that decision, among many others, immensely.

PRESENT TIME

The students were excited because their classes got over and the diary would be read once more. Everyone in the castle felt and acknowledged a sense of excitement, especially those who were interested in history, except Dumbledore, who felt that the diary would ruin his carefully laid plans, but since most of the students looked up to him as a grandfather figure, he had to, otherwise, his reputation could be ruined. At dinner, Dumbledore told them that they'd continue the diary. Immediately, the diary flew to the center as if it were a sentient object, attracting the interest of many students and professors alike.

ENTRY: 5

FLASHBACK

The dress code is ridiculous; keeping my hair in a half bun is hard; what is harder is fighting with it. The council is made up of gods of death; the gods and goddesses were formed due to belief, so the responsible God will be responsible for collecting a soul if the soul believes in their religion. This council was started 20 years ago. The children of death gods and goddesses are expected to join the council at the common age of maturity, which is seventeen years old. The other children of darkness are trained from a young age; the compulsory time of service is three years, and it is now my second year of being a member of the council. The Lord of the Council is like the first-ever version of Lord Death. Today's session was far more interesting than the others.

I enter the chamber with confidence and elegance, which is important for a lady of an ancient and noble clan. I went to the sixth row and took my seat. The council started an hour later, and the proceedings were going quite smoothly until Ankhesenamun (not referring to the Great Royal Wife of Pharaoh Tutankhamen), a priestess, revealed that an Egyptian man had created Horcruxes with over half of his soul. It is considered taboo to split a soul over 10 percent; if it's done with less than 10 percent, it is considered a sacrifice. This will be dealt with by Bill, and this will be dealt with by the next council meeting. They discussed and changed a few rules. The meeting was coming to an end, and the last procedure to complete the meeting was for the apprentices (children) to show their skills. The judges will be the gods and those who completed the training. The order is from level one to level three. It takes nearly an hour for the year ones, three hours for the year twos, and nearly five to six hours for the year threes to complete. Sometime later, it was my chance. I had to fight against our advisor, Master Charles. I would win and bring pride to my family. I fell back, settling into a defensive stance as I took in my foe. There was a pain in my leg and my side. I was wounded, but not out of the fight yet. The crowd cheered for Master Charles. If I don't stop it now, there's no telling what he'll do; he's nearly unpredictable in fights. I shook my head, and with a renewed will, I launched myself at him, slashed at his throat, pushed down on his back, grabbed his sword, placed mine on his neck, and locked his legs using mine. I won. I have now been promoted and brought honor. The results of who will be promoted will be officially announced at the next meeting. My task from this meeting is to be done next week.

END OF FLASHBACK

Today (after the meeting), I helped Ric enchant a hat with Ellie's, Ric's, Rena's, and Sal's opinions of students. Yes, the hat is charmed (also made with inscriptions) with the mind delving to find the characteristics of a clan. Salazar charmed the hat to pick students who had a few particular characteristics he most valued. Those characteristics included cunning, resourcefulness, leadership, and ambition. Helga wanted those who valued hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its members. The character traits of students sorted into Gryffindor are courage, chivalry, and determination, according to Godric. Rowena prefers those who possess the traits of cleverness, wisdom, wit, intellectual ability, and creativity. The hat is named "Cat" after the Latin word iudicat, which means he judges. Good night, dear diary. The day is coming to an end, and so is my experimental potion to cure the effects of poisonous plants (magical). The last step is to add the essence of a guardian to it so it prevents poisoning after this potion is taken. Now I really ought to go.

A/N: This chapter was originally posted on 20/08/2023.