𝟎𝟎𝟑

.・。..゜・。.
DEFENSIVE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

nobody calls him that!

─── „AARGHH! DAMN IT!" niki said with an aggressive tone, punching against his locker after getting his combination wrong for the third time.

„woah, don't hurt yourself." beck said, appearing alone from the right side. niki didn't respond to him but focused on his locker again.

„are you alright?" beck asked calmly. niki was on the verge of exploding. even though beck did nothing wrong but niki has been really stressed the past few days.

he and lou have been bickering on each other the whole week, his mom was calling him non stop, complaining about something he apparently did and if that all wasn't enough, now these stupid rumors spread around the hollywood arts.

niki took a deep breath and closed his eyes before speaking. „beck. listen, i like you but please-" before he could even finish his sentence, beck understood immediately.

he knew that sometimes it could be all too much for niki and when he needed his space. beck respects niki a lot as a person and appreciates that he never let's out his anger on him unlike with the others.

„i get it, don't worry. we could grab lunch later if you like, just text me." beck said understandingly. niki gave him a weak smile as a response before he went away.

beck turned around to see a camerateam that was filming stuff in the hallway. „what's going on here?" tori asked confused.

„oh, these guys are shooting a tv show." lane answered. „it's a new one, called „the wood""

„so what's the wood about?" beck wanted to know from the producers. „it's a reality show about teenagers in hollywood." they explained.

„there's gonna be a casting session after school in the black box." lane announced smiling.

after the team went outside tori turned to beck and robbie smiling with excitement. „soo, are you guys gonna try it out?" she wanted to know.

beck was hesitant at first „i don't know, a reality show?" while tori was all for the idea.

xx

niki was absolute against the idea of even stepping foot into the casting of the wood. no matter how much his friends tried to talk him into.

he is really not the social type of guy and hates all of hollywood's fakeness. he just wants to showcase his talent without having to pretend to be someone else.

therefore, he was sitting on the lunch table, scrolling on his laptop, working on a new script.

„yo." he heard from andré. niki looked up and saw him, beck, tori, jade and trina coming up to his table, sitting down.

„how the casting went?" niki asked. „i was perfect." trina answered confidently. everyone ignored her of course.

before the others could answer, kyle, one of the two producers came up with lane. „hey you guys, kyle has some cool news for you." their tutor said.

„tori vega, beck oliver, jade west and andré harris, congratulations, you're all gonna be featured on the wood." kyle announced.

xx

throughout the week, the said students got filmed by the camerateam of the wood, while doing their daily activities.

niki really couldn't care less because he was, of course, busy with other things. violent things.

but just at the moment when beck was shooting a scene were he called omar's pizza service, niki appeared to be involved in a fight again in the background.

„i want an extra large pizza please. yeah with-" beck tried to say before putting the phone down and looking behind him after hearing niki scream.

„ey niki come on!" a tall dark haired boy said provoking. „hold on." beck said to the cameras before running up to niki.

„ey what's going on here?!" beck asked in a serious voice. „oh we were just teaching this freak a lesson." the tall boy said, smiling proudly.

beck looked to niki, who was of course bleeding again and who was filled with rage. „i can handle it beck." he said serious, furrowing his eyebrows together.

„oh do you need your friend to defend you? you weak fucking fag!" beck was suddenly filled with rage. that's what it was all about.

„the fuck you just said?!" beck wanted to know. „aren't you too cool to hang out with this faggot, beckie boy?"

beck couldn't hold it anymore and punched the guy straight up in the face, knocking him to the ground. „nobody calls him that!" niki never saw beck that angry.

it was like beck had a complete blackout. he couldn't stop punching this dude and niki had to pull him away by his waist. „hey beck, enough!" he said serious.

and now it seemed like beck and niki switched roles, because niki was the one calming beck down in this situation, getting him away from the greedy crowd.

„hey. calm down beck, are you alright..?" niki asked carefully. beck's breathing went slower and he calmed down after he took a seat on the bench next to him.

niki handed him a bottle of water while looking at him worried. „i never saw you this angry, you really surprise me everytime."

„i'm sorry, i didn't want to scare you. it just made me really mad." beck apologized. „but why? i mean you never get involved into my fights."

„i don't know. i just felt like you needed help. what the dude said was complete shit."

„not the first time hearing it." niki confessed to beck. he looked at him with an confused expression. „what do you mean?"

„do you think i fight other people for fun? it's either others disrespecting me or disrespecting my friends."

„why didn't you ever tell?"

niki looked down, embarrassed. „i mean, who wants to be friends with a weak fag?"

★ ★ ★