𝟎𝟎𝟒

.・。..゜・。.
SECOND CHOICE

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

what do you see in jade anyways?!

─── NIKI WAS ACTUALLY PLANNING on staying home today. yesterday was really shit for him. not only the fight but also what beck did for him.

it was really unexpected and niki stayed up all night thinking about what beck now thinks of him and his „rumors" being kind of true.

did beck realize that niki wasn't the guy he's pretending to be?

„yo, are you there?" lou asked while snapping in front of niki's face, bringing him back to reality. „huh?" niki asked confused.

„you coming?" his older brother wanted to know, fumbling his car keys in the air. lou drives him to school almost everyday. „i'm staying home today, don't feel well." niki explained vaguely.

„hmm okay, if you need something, call me." lou said before heading to school.

niki stayed in bed, scrolling through his phone and just when he thought that his day couldn't get any worse, he saw a picture on the slap of beck and alyssa vaughn.

„ugh." he said disgusted. niki realized that he felt some kind of jealousy when it comes to beck. of course, he thinks that beck is really good looking and very attractive but he knows, that he has a relationship.

and he respects that. even though he hates jade with a passion. but he has too much respect for his friend.

he couldn't stop looking at the picture. why does it bother him so much?

just when he wanted to make himself breakfast and some coffee he got a call from tori. he looked at his phone confused.

„tori?" he asked after picking up the phone. „niki, we have a problem." she started. „what?"

„beck and jade broke up."

niki's heart dropped to his pants after hearing that sentence. why does he feel some kind of relief?

„b-because of alyssa vaughn?" he asked hesitantly. „yeah i guess." she said worriedly. „uhm, tori don't get me wrong but how is that my problem?" he asked breaking the embarrassing silence.

„i don't know, you're beck's best friend?" since when? of course they're friends but he wouldn't consider best friends.

or at least he doesn't feel like beck thinks that they're best friends. „anyways. i don't feel well, i'm hanging up. bye tori."

after he drank his coffee he tried to process this information. what should he do now? does he even have feelings for beck?

lost in his thoughts, niki almost didn't hear the doorbell ringing the whole time. it was 12 in the morning, who would visit him at this time?

he opened the door confused with his messy bed hair and home clothes. beck?

„hey.." beck said shyly, smiling at him. „beck? uhm hi?" niki responded.

„uhmm, you weren't at school today so i thought i visit you.." is that really the reason?

„you wanna come in or..?" niki offered, opening the door wider for beck to come in. „sure, thanks."

beck sat down at the kitchen table. „i guess you heard the news." niki nodded. „yup. sorry beck."

beck shook his head. „no no! you know.. i am actually glad that it's over. i feel kind of relieved." beck confessed.

niki also feels relieved, he thought to himself.

„so what do you do now?" niki asked, trying to understand the situation. „don't know. but right now, i just want to give you some company." he said smiling.

and he in fact did keep him company. too bad that he was only talking about jade the whole time. ugh, why can't niki get angry at beck??

xx

the rest of the week beck and niki spend almost every minute together. they had so much fun and talked about so much stuff.

but sadly, this bond was only holding for a few days. because after beck and jade got together again, beck almost forgot about niki.

no calling each other, no texting, almost no talking in school except smalltalk. it was almost like beck just forgot him.

niki felt like shit of course. his mood was down and he didn't get any sleep again. „hey niki!" he heard cat's happy voice.

he turned around to see cat, tori and andré coming up to him. „what's up niki boy?" they asked smiling. really not what he needs right now.

„why that long face? you look like a sad strawberry." cat asked with big eyes. „it's nothing." was niki's response.

when he heard beck's and jade's laughing in the hallway, he almost threw up. „look, mr. and mrs. are back." andré remarked after the couple came up.

niki rolled his eyes and slammed the door of his locker and turned to look at them. „woah niki, you good? tori asked worried. „i'm fine. gotta go." he said before leaving, walking past beck.

„hey wait!" he heard from beck. „can't talk." niki responded shortly. beck sensed that something was up so he took niki by his wrist into the janitors closet.

after he closed the door, he expected an explanation from niki. „so?" beck asked.

„what do you want beck?" niki asked annoyed. „why are you so distant? you're ignoring me." beck replied calmly.

niki's blood started boiling. „are you serious right now?" he asked confused. beck didn't answer.

„you're the one who used me to cure his breakup only to forget about me the minute you two get back together again. i'm not your fucking consolation prize."

beck looked down ashamed. he knew that he fucked up. and he was sorry. „niki-"

„no, beck, honestly, fuck you. why do you act like that?? what do you see in jade anyways?!" were niki's last words before storming out of the janitor's closet, making sure to bump into beck's shoulder before leaving.

★ ★ ★