Chapter 2-The story of a life

When the door was closed, I signed and opened the first bottle. I slowly started to drink, thinking back when I caught them both, making out in his office. The image didn't want to leave my memories.

Your p.o.v

I was finishing the first bottle when Mitsuhide, Kiki, Shiruyaki and Zen got in. They looked at me and all their smiles faded away.

- What happened? Zen asked me.

- You didn't tell me he had a girlfriend.

I looked sadly into my half filled glass. Kiki gasped, finally understanding what that meant.

- It's not possible, two days ago, he was talking about how much he missed you! She said.

I smiled sadly and got up.

- I need to take my shower. During this time, let me tell you a story. The story of a longly lost love. The day the first prince and a thief/assassin met. The assassin was fourteen at that time, Izana was just one year older.

I walked into the bathroom, everyone was sitting outside the doors, listening to me as I started.

The story (third person p.o.v)

Her face was covered by her dress' hood and she was running from the royal guards, AGAIN. She should really pay attention when she steals something. Yep! Make more attention and actually try to not show off that she stole something just in front of the store. Stealing is actually the only way she was able to live. Her parents abandoned her when she was still a baby. They said she was too different from them. They asked their maid to kill her. But Carole didn't have the heart to end her life when it just started, so she gave her to her sister, a poor woman with the name of Pamela. She and her husband were living in Clariness alone. She wasn't able to have childs so when she took her in, she was really happy. They took care of her until she turned ten. At that time,the small girl decided that she was being too much for them. Affording clothes, food and scholarship for three people was too much for them so she went on her own. But anyway, let's get back to the main story. What was she doing? Oh yeah! She was running away from the palace guards. She was finally able to lose them slowly but when she thought she was safe, she fell on a light yellow haired man. He was wearing royal clothes and had an army of soldiers around him. She gulped in fear and raised her arms, looking at her surroundings. She then noticed a dark alley just a few meters from her. She smirked and got two fake knives out. She threw them at two guards and while everyone's attention was on the false weapons, she ran in the direction of the alley. When she was in the dark, she chuckled at her successful escape.

- Don't be happy yet, a male voice said from behind her.

The royal man got from the corner, smirking proudly at her.

- I'm Izana Wisteria, first prince of Clariness.

- I am . . .

- No need to tell me who you are. Everyone knows you as the Blood Thief.

She smirked.

- Oh, so even the princes know about me. What a pleasure.

The prince found her interesting and attractive. She was giving off a vibe that he never felt before.

- Now, if you would give me the honour of coming with me, he started.

- Where? To prison? As if I will follow you here!

She got my swords out and got into a fighting position. He chuckled and got his sword out too. A few seconds later, the sound of metal clashing was able to be heard in the whole alley. They were both moving very fastly, each move was made with elegance and force. They were equal in power. Suddenly, the girl pushed the boy on the ground and when she was pointing one of her swords at his neck, two guards got her from behind. She didn't have any way to escape again. At least that was what the guards and the prince thought. She pulled out a small ball. The man's face turned confused. She smashed the ball to the ground and as gaz got out, she escaped. She ran to the opening in the public place. Guards were waiting for her, making a circle around her and blocking her third escape. The prince got here fastly just before a guard was going to hit her.

- What are you doing?!

- Well, if we hurt her, she won't be able to escape again, the guard answered, smiling proudly.

He received a slap on the cheek by the prince himself.

- No one can hurt her. We are going to get her without hurting her. Anyway it's not like we want to kill her. Remember why we are here. Now everyone, get away from her, let me talk to her, he ordered.

He got in the big circle and helped the girl up on her feet. Once she was able to stand up on her own, she scurried away from the prince, afraid for her life.

- What do you want with me if you won't kill me? she asked.

- I actually need a bodyguard, but you will need to pass a test so we can see if you can or not be working for me.

The girl, even though she learned to never trust strangers, felt attached to the man and so she followed him to the palace . . .

End of Story, back to your p.o.v

I got out of the shower and got dressed. My black dress with the same hood that I wore that day. The day we met, the day everything in my life changed.

- What happened to the girl next? Mitsuhide asked, impatient.

I saw Kiki smile sadly, knowing why I told them this story today. Both of us used to be best friends and we kept in touch by letters during those three years.

- You want me to continue? I asked as I got out of the bathroom.

Everyone nodded fastly, practically begging me to continue. I signed, got to my couch, sat down and continued while everyone was sitting in front of me.

Back to the story, third person p.o.v

The soldiers, the prince and Blood Thief arrived soon at the palace. Here, the prince ordered a room to get ready for the girl to rest in. She would rest for the day and then she would have the test the next day, early in the morning. So she stayed in her room, took a bath and read books that were already in her room. She went to bed early so that she would be able to finish the test tomorrow.

- S. Nawfal