Beware the Arse

"Aren't you two supposed to be off cleaning the school today?"

Kuroko went from dead to drowsy.

"Mmmmm... Nngh... five more minutes, Ma..." Grim mumbled.

"Go ahead. Sleep the day away. And you might not eeever hafta wake up again." Ghost B said.

At which she sat up so violently that she pushed Kayra off the small, single bed they were on. Grim also woke with a start.

"Myah?! The ghosts are back! Hey, you two, up and at 'em!"

The fight that followed was simpler and faster compared to last night. Firstly, because no one was very serious about it. Secondly, because the girls didn't want to ruin the only useable room in the dorm.

"So I hear you'll be living here from now on? Hope you like pranks as much as we do!" Ghost A laughed.

"We gotta get rid of those things for good." Grim grumbled.

Kuroko heard footsteps approaching and hurriedly ducked into the joint bathroom.

Crowley greeted them and inquired to their night. Grim recounted how the mattress had fallen through the frame at his weight.

"Exactly how ramshackle IS this dorm?"

Good question. Kuroko thought.

"And worse yet, we got woken up by ghosts!"

"I didn't sleep well either..." Kayra's good sleep was due to exhaustion, not comfort. But Crowley didn't need to know that.

Crowley blamed it on the unfamiliar environment, and told them to "suck it up and move on!".

"Speaking of which, let us discuss your assignment for today." He set down breakfast. "Your job today is to clean the campus. That said, the campus is vast, and without magic, it'd be quite the Herculean task to clean it all"

As such, Kayra only had to worry about the main street- from the front gates to the library. Which both girls found convenient as it's exactly where they wanted to go. They did mental cheers. Then Kayra got lectured on Grim.

"Do not fail me. You may take your lunch at the cafeteria. I eagerly await the fruits of your labor." He left.

Grim didn't wait to complain, saying how he wanted to learn magic, with added sound effects.

"After we clean, we can study in the library." Kayra reminded him.

Kayra was disgusted by the bathroom with it's stained tiles and- more cobwebs. She had to sweep up the place to use it .The shower functioned not-so-smoothly. Crowley had brought soap, a towel and a black jumpsuit as a janitor uniform. But she had other reasons to change as well. As she did so, Kuroko cleaned the rest of the room using Kayra's new janitor supplies. Grim was displeased at the dust being kicked up. Later, they chowed down on breakfast, and the janitorial team set off to work.

The plan was simple: Kayra would quickly sweep main street, then spend the rest of the day in the library. Meanwhile Kuroko would clean as much as she could, starting from the bedroom. The problem was this didn't involve the mirror chamber. But the library was practically given to them, so they decided handle it first.

Grim marveled at main street, which was a deserved reaction. "I didn't get to see much of it yesterday. What's the deal with these seven statues? All their faces look pretty scary. Like, this lady here got some reeeal anger management issues."

Kayra didn't bother to look, she began sweeping. As far as she was concerned, it was irrelevant. The library was priority. If Grim was lucky, it would have some information on the statues.