Chapter 4: The tour

Y/N POV:

I looked up at Chiron who was looking at me with a mixed expression. One side of his face saw awe while the other side looked puzzled and concerned. The look didn't last long as a blonde girl came onto the porch.
"What do you need Chiron?" She asked
"I believe that this one requires a tour," Chiron said gesturing towards me.
"I thought I was done giving tours." She said in an annoyed tone.
"This one is special. I believe introductions are in order."Chiron said
My shoulder was still stinging but I proceeded to push through the pain as I greeted the blonde girl.
"My name's Y/N," I said
"Annabeth." She said looking directly at me.

She looked like she was examining me. At this point, I felt insecure about myself. I looked at her eyes and that part caught me off-guard. She had startling grey eyes. Eyes that looked like steel as if nothing could break their focus.
"I believe we have a tour to do." She said before turning away.
I followed her off of the porch towards a dirt ring, which also had training dummies off to the side.

"This is the training area where we work on our swordsmanship. Luke Castellan dominates any competition that involves swords. Just to the right of it is the archery range. We have competitions there but everyone knows that the Apollo cabin will always win." Annabeth said as calmly as talking about the weather

"What? Wait real swords?" I say as couldn't even comprehend 12-year-olds with real swords that could kill someone.

"Ok." She said trying not to get mad at me for thinking that real swords were crazy.
"So this camp is supposed to train you to fight monsters. I can imagine that you fought monsters on your way to camp. Wooden swords would not get you ready for that." She stated. The tone of her voice sounded like she would rather be doing anything other than this.

"Makes sense," I said.

We eventually made our way toward what looked like a bunch of wooden cabins.

"This is where everyone stays?" I asked.

"Yes, each cabin represents a god or goddess. The five on this side..." she pointed to the left, "belong to Demeter, Athena, Artemis, Aphrodite, and Dionysus."

I looked at the first cabin she gestured to which had multiple crops growing around it with campers tending to them. The second one had an owl carving at the top with white pillars on the sides. The third one had multiple carvings about animals and birds but other than that, it didn't look special. The fourth had a pink roof and a checkered porch. The fifth one had vines growing at the top with a smell of grapes emanating from it.

"Which cabin do you belong to?" I asked
"My mother is Athena."

I was going to say something about how Artemis' cabin looked dead but seeing as she's a maiden goddess I'm not surprised but wait Athena is a maiden goddess.

"I don't mean to be pushy or anything but how were you born if your mother is a maiden goddess?"

"It's a long story."

"Oh," I felt she either didn't like talking about it or just didn't want to tell me about it.

These five cabins are Poseidon, Ares, Apollo, Hephaestus, and Hermes

I looked over at the cabins and looked at Poseidon's. It had walls tinted blue and had coral, sea shells, etc. around it. The next cabin had barbed wire lining the top of it and was painted with a mean red color which looked menacing against the setting sun. The weirdest thing was the stuffed boar head right above the doorway.

Looking at that cabin I involuntarily blurted out... "That boar looks like some of those campers."

Annabeth just looked at me with a disapproving expression.

"I believe some of them heard you." She said looking behind me.
This should be fun. I turn around to see a tall, buff girl walking up to me menacingly.

"How are you doing, Clarisse?" Annabeth said trying to sound nice.

" This a new guy?" The girl, who I'm guessing is Clarisse said, while grabbing my shoulder. Why did she have to grab that one?

It hurt so much but I just pushed on not showing her.

"Correct," Annabeth said

"Time for some rookie hazing."

She pulled me not letting go towards the restrooms. Yay now I've met the female version of Tom. I try to find a way out of her grip. The sun was setting and as the moon came out I finally got out of her grasp.

She seemed surprised as I started to run away.

"Get back here, rookie." She said while chasing me. She was surprisingly fast but I've always been a fast kid.

I ran past Annabeth while giving her a wave. While she was watching trying not to laugh.

As I was running my shoulder kept hitching like it was trying to find the right groove to be in. Eventually, Clarisse gave up on the chase but I had a feeling that I would be getting payback later. I went to try to find Annabeth but as I was walking back my shoulder moved easier. I moved the top of my shirt to get a look at my shoulder but it turned out to not have a single scratch on it. What the -.

"Y/N!!" I heard my name being called as I saw blonde hair running towards me.

"That was quite possibly the dumbest thing you could have possibly done... but at the same time that was pretty funny." She said while laughing.

"Thanks... I guess?"

"Now, I have to take you to your cabin." She stated returning to the serious person I met earlier today.

I then followed her to Hermes' cabin where she knocked on the door and a tall college-aged man with a large scar going down his face opened the door.

"Annabeth, how are you doing." The man said

"Good, how about you." She replied while blushing.

Oh, I'm making fun of her later but seeing my track record of making fun of things here I might not.

"Good." He confirmed

" I have a new camper for you to take. I know your cabin is almost bursting with people but he got assigned here." Annabeth said with sadness in her voice

"Oh don't worry about it." He stated

He then turned to me.

"Come on in." He gestured to enter

A/N: I have decided to leave just a section where you guys can leave constructive criticism because I'm now running out of things to say so here you go.
——————————————————————

Criticism is welcome