Chapter 5: Settling in

Y/N POV

I entered to see what was in this cabin.  Seeing as the cabin had upwards of 20 kids I wasn't amazingly surprised to see absolute chaos in the cabin.

"What's your name?" The man asked
"Y/N. What about you?" I returned the question.
"Luke and your unclaimed right?" He said
"What is that?" I asked
"Ok, so you are." He said as he tapped his chin. Where to put you." He started thinking to himself.
"Ahah, right over here."
He said going to the far corner of the room avoiding all of the kids messing around.
"You're lucky, we only got two beds left. He stated as he showed me to a bunk bed with two spots left on it.
"Thank you," I replied
"Don't worry about it, hopefully, you'll be claimed soon." And with that, he left to do other matters.

During this time I just stared out the window contemplating what has happened today. This was a single day. There was just so much to unpack. I was just thinking about who could be my godly parent. I didn't purely think it was a female because even though I have a dad, gods can transform and could have been female. That would be an awkward conversation.
I just stared out the window and thought about it through the night until another kid came over and slept on the bunk above me.

Right before he climbed up I asked him
"How are you doing?" I asked

"Confused." He replied

"Same here."

"What's your name?"

"Y/N. You?"

"Percy."

We talked a lot about what had happened to each of us and I found out that this kid just killed a Minotaur. I would kill to do that. Literally. I know, right, I'm so funny.

We kept talking until Luke came down.

"Lights out, we got archery tomorrow and we are not letting Athena beat us." He stated as most of the cabin erupted into a bunch of boos.
"We never beat them." One camper said.
"They literally use geometry to beat us what do you want us to do," Another said.

"Come on everyone lights out," Luke stated firmer this time. "Fine" rang out through the room and everyone went to sleep. Before I went to sleep I took my necklace off and looked at it. Has the engraving changed? How? I read and translated it to, " good work today." Huh? So this thing gives pep talks now I thought as I put it on the nightstand near my bed

I stood up in a clearing. It looked familiar. I looked all around and found the same 12-year-old from a previous dream. She's reaching out for me but not menacingly. It was as if she was reaching to pet me. I looked into her eyes and got a better look at them than last time. I saw what looked a lot like Annabeth's eyes but with a tint of green. It was as if you took silver and dipped it in moss.

Her hand eventually made contact with me and I felt safe. It made me feel like this is where I was meant to be. But out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bush move. I turned to face the bush and... growled? Do my dreams get any weirder?

What jumped out of the bush was just a rabbit.
I turned back to the girl but instead, I found a 10-foot woman.
"Y/N, don't worry you're alright."
Y/N, Y/N,Y/N,Y/N. The voice slowly transformed into Percy's.

"Y/N, wake up we got to go to archery today."
"Five more minutes," I said groggily.
"No, get up." That was Luke's voice and that's how I knew I had to get up.

I got up, grabbed my necklace, and made my way out of the cabin to the archery range where I saw Annabeth and the rest of the Athena cabin eyeing up the Hermes cabin. I've been told that the Athena cabin is typically nice to the Hermes cabin but I guess when there's a challenge Athena doesn't care who is challenging them they will try their hardest to win.