Chapter 27: I'm a hot dog

"It's a trap!" Annabeth yelled at the top of her lungs. Percy and Grover's faces seemed to be running through 27 different emotions before understanding the situation.

He started running over but the Cupids that were dotted around the empty pool shot their arrows. The only weird thing was that they weren't shooting at Percy or Grover but at each other. The arrows had golden... silk or... almost a fishing line trailing after them eventually creating a cage.

Out of nowhere, a screen popped out with a countdown and speakers.
"LIVE TO OLYMPUS IN ONE MINUTE 59 SECONDS, 58...

"Hephaestus!" Annabeth exclaimed. "How could I be so stupid? This was meant for his wife and now we're going to look like fools."

"Chastise yourself later," I told her. "Help me.
Annabeth and I went to grab at the silk but it almost had a mind of its own as it wrapped around my hand and tried to pull me in. I was starting to panic now and I could tell Percy and Grover were about to as well leaving Annabeth only slightly shaken up.

That was until bronze spiders started crawling into the pool from holes in the sides.  You could hear the mechanic whirring coming from each of them.

"Spiders. Spi-" She said in a hushed tone as she slowly backed away from the pool with a terrified look on her face. I had never seen her like this.

"30, 29"

Percy and Grover were now standing on the boat. They were attempting to kick away the spiders but there were thousands of them.

The spiders were shooting out tiny little strands of silk. It looked like nothing at first but too much of anything is never good.

'What can I do, what can I do." I repeated to myself.

"15,14.." The speaker called.

"Y/N, go to the booth! Hit the "on" button."

"Good thinking!" I ran to the control booth and just started running my hands down the panel in hopes of something turning on.

"Nothing!"

"5,4.."

Percy didn't respond but just closed his eyes as if he was trying to remember something. What could he possibly be trying to remember? A test answer? What?

"3,2,1,0"
BOOM.
'There's my answer.' I thought as a giant explosion of water crashed into the pool washing all the spiders away but coincidentally hit the boat that they were in just as hard.

Percy now had a face of pure concentration. He had one of his hands out as if there was a controller there and he was hitting the buttons. Every twitch of his hand made the water change directions until he brought his hand back in the boat and it shot off into the ride.

I heard their screams echo into the ride until silence.

"Ok. Where's the exit?" I started thinking out loud. After just a few seconds of looking around, I saw it. A white tunnel with pink hearts dotted around it. It was about 100 or so feet from where I was. I wasn't worried until I saw that a golden fence was blocking the exit and remembered how fast they were going when they went in. I didn't have high hopes

I started running as hard as physically possible.
I was getting closer when I heard Percy'svoice yell through the tunnel.

"Unfasten your seat belt!"

"What? Are you crazy?"

"Unless you want to get smashed to bits," Percy explained. "We're gonna have to jump for it.

Now, I was pretty fast but I wasn't Usain Bolt. I knew I wasn't gonna make it but I had no other option.

"Come on! Run!" I repeated. "Run! Run! Ran! Rawn! Rawr!" My voice slowly became more of a growl as I felt pain radiate from my stomach. I leaned over and started lowering my upper body but weirdly enough I started gaining height and my vision became less colorful. I was now traveling at an insane speed.

"Now!" I heard Percy yell. I was right next to the gate when I saw, an almost miniature Percy and Grover go flying out of the tunnel and straight toward the gate. I leaned forward putting myself in between the gate and them, hoping that whatever I turned into was softer than a metal gate. It was.

I would expect two people hitting you going at extreme speeds would hurt you but it felt more like someone throwing an 8 ball at you.....

Ok, it hurt a lot. I felt like my ribs were broken. They probably were but hey, guess what? The moon is coming out soon so I don't have to worry about that.

Currently, I was laying on the ground, only focusing on the pain. I, now, started taking notice of what I was. Did I see (H/C) hair? No fur carpeting my arms and even though my vision had fewer colors it just seemed... sharper. Like I could just see more.

'Am I a wolf?'