Chapter 13: Planning

I sat down at my table and listened to Chiron's speech which didn't hold much information and surprisingly didn't mention anything about our quest.

"Now we must give an offering to the gods."
Chiron said as my plate filled with goat meat. One of my favorite types.

I walked over to the fire and scraped a portion of my food off into the fire.

"Artemis, can you please help me and give me good luck on this quest." I whispered.

As soon as I said that the fire turned a bright green like moss on a rock and then died back to its normal red orange. I'll take that as a yes.

I went back to my table and finished my meal. Sometimes making eye contact with Percy or Annabeth. As soon as I was finished, I walked by Percy's table and whispered
"Meet me at the ring. Bring our "companions" if you want." With that I walked out off of the pavilion towards the ring.

I walked over to the center of the ring and looked at my necklace. The figurine and the engraving had changed. The figurine was now an eagle while the engraving translated to," I will always help you. Especially on a quest." I presumed this message was a response to my offering.

"Try μετέωρο."The voice in the back of my head said.

"μετέωρο." I said aloud.

The eagle flew up and midair transformed into a long two-handed sword. The sword spanned probably just over 37 inches. Despite its size it was incredibly light. I could move it around with ease but just looking at the blade I could tell it was deadly sharp.

I turned towards one of the training dummies and took a swing at it aiming for the right shoulder swinging towards the dummy's left hip. I brought the sword down but felt nothing. I was afraid I had missed it and would have made myself look like a fool until I opened my eyes. The top part of the training dummy slid off of the bottom part hitting the ground.

"OH yeah, monsters are dying tomorrow." I said to myself examining the blade.

I gazed at the silver steel lining the sword. The engravings on it depicted the story of the Trojan war. I know my mother played a very minor role in the war but inspected the engravings further.

The engravings on one side of the blade showed Achilles making his way through multiple crowds of people. It showed this until it got to the end where Achilles was shown with an arrow in his heel. Killing him.

I looked on the other side of the blade and saw the Trojan Horse being wheeled in through the gates. Just to the right of that engraving was the Greek soldiers fighting against the Trojans effectively winning.

"That makes three different weapons inside that necklace huh?" I heard a voice coming from my right

I turned to see Percy and Annabeth walking towards me.

"You'll eventually have an entire arsenal at this rate." Percy said looking at my sword.

"Ανατολή ηλίου" I said and watched as the sword shrunk into an eagle. The eagle then did a somersault in the air. It proceeded to wrap the string around my neck and go stiff.

I turned my attention back to the two in front of me.
"Who's going to be our second companion." I asked seeing as Annabeth was already one of them.
"I was about to ask Grover but he's asleep against a tree at the moment." Percy replied half laughing through the sentence.

I lightly laughed along with him.

"Where do we go tomorrow?" I asked.
"Me and Chiron talked about it." Annabeth said, "The god that most likely turned is Hades seeing as he is the one who could gain the most out of a few million deaths."

"How do we get to him?" I asked hoping that there was an easy way of getting to him.

"Well, we have to go to the underworld..."
I already didn't like where this was going, "and the entrance is in Los Angeles." Great

"So, let's book a flig..."
"NOOO! I mean no we can't do that." Annabeth stated cutting me off.

"Why?" I asked
At this point she was looking at me with a face that practically said, You're an idiot.
"We can't fly because flying is in Zeus' domain and seeing how Percy is on the bad side of said god..." She said leading me on to try to make me finish the sentence.

"We'll get disintegrated." I said glumly
"Yes."

"So, we have to walk across the entire country and get to L.A and back in... how many days?
"10" Percy said with a depressed tone.
"Fantastic!" I said sarcastically

"Is everyone packed up?" Percy asked whilst we both nodded.

"Good, I'm gonna go *yawn* to sleep early. See you both in the morning." Percy said groggily as he walked back to his cabin.

Annabeth turned towards me.
"What do you think Grover will act when he wakes up and finds he has to go on a quest." She said half laughing.
"Oh you're telling him. Not me." I said.

We walked out towards the dock where we saw the sun setting on the horizon. Looking out over the water I looked back on everything that happened today. Am I ready? I thought to myself as if the answer was going to pop into my head any second.

"You seem upset?" Annabeth said softly.
"I just don't know if I'm ready. I've only been here for a few days and already I'm being thrown on a quest to save the world." I said still looking out over the horizon.

"Look at me." Annabeth told me.
I turned my head to look at her. Her grey eyes locked onto my green ones. The typical steely look in her eyes were replaced by a softer look almost as if the guards she placed out left there post for a second.

"None of us know if we're ready or not. Hades, I don't even know if I'm ready. All we can do is look ahead and keep moving." She said in a constant steady voice.

I heard cheerful singing behind me, and I turned around to see the 20-foot campfire blazing a bright yellow. At least some people are happy.

The campfire seemed fun, but I would rather hang out here overlooking the water. Guess I take after my mother on that respect.

I turned around giving my attention back to the view that sat in front of me. I looked up and saw the stars that looked like splatters of white paint on a dark background. I leaned on my back so I could get a more comfortable look of the sky.

I drew, in my mind, the lines between the stars creating the constellations. While I was drawing Ursa Major I kept thinking about the quest and what the best way to get there was.  I started to draw the tail of Ursa Major still thinking about our situation. All of a sudden, I heard snoring next to me. I looked over and saw Annabeth on her side asleep.