Chapter 31: I Love This Place

We've been walking, or for a more accurate term stumbling, for a while. I couldn't keep track as the sun made my mind turn into mush. It had to have been around 110 degrees or something.

We passed the Monte Carlo and the MGM. We passed pyramids, a pirate ship, and a replica of the Statue of Liberty, which was small but still brought back memories from home.

I didn't even know if we were looking for anything in particular but I just wanted to sit down in shade. I just started looking down and getting lost in thought thinking about nothing until I bumped into Percy, who was standing in front of me.

I looked up and saw a massive building. On the front of it, with little flower decorations around said: LOTUS Hotel and Casino. The entrance was a huge neon flower, the petals lighting up and blinking like one of those carnival games that make you have to hit stop at the right time.

Why are we stopping here?

The doorman smiled at us. "Hey, kids. You look tired. You want to come in and sit down?" My immediate reaction was to scream yes but knowing what we've been through in the past few days... I've become suspicious.

Percy had a suspicious look too but after a few moments of looking at the guy he simply nodded and we all moved into the casino.

As soon as we entered I was taken aback by so many things. 1. The smell was so...what's the word....soothing. It felt like it took all of the responsibilities away. Almost intoxicating.
2. Was the giant game room we entered. I could spend hours here alone. The thing that caught my eye the most was an indoor waterslide that coiled around the glass elevator, which went straight up to gods know where. There also was a climbing wall and an indoor bungee-jumping bridge. There were virtual real- it just had it all. There were waitresses and snack bars dotted throughout, serving tons and tons of food.

"Hey." I turned around to see a bellhop. Well, he didn't seem like one, seeing as he was dressed in Hawaiian clothes and flip-flops.
"Welcome to the Lotus Casino. Here's your room key." What? Wha- I mean I'll take it.

I heard Percy stammer. "I'm, but..."

"No, no," he said, laughing. "The bills are taken care of. No extra charges, and no tips. Just go on up to the top floor, room 4001. If you need anything, like extra bubbles for the hot tub, or sleet targets for the shooting range, or whatever, just call the front desk. Here are your LotusCash cards. They work in the restraints and on all the games and rides."

He handed us each a green plastic credit card. Does he think we're billionaires? I mean, I'm not complaining but why?

Percy looked up at the man. "How much is on here?"
His eyebrows knit together. "What do you mean?"
"I mean, when does it run out of cash?"
The man only laughed. "Oh, you're making a joke. Hey, that's cool. Enjoy your stay."

We got in and took the elevator upstairs and checked out our room. It was a suite with four separate bedrooms and a bar stocked with candy, sodas, and chips. A hotline to room service. Fluffy towels and water beds with feather pillows. A big-screen tv.

"What else could you want?" I asked looking around the room.

Percy's voice came from the balcony. "A hot tub?"

"You have got to be kidding me." I stepped out onto the balcony and was overwhelmed by the view. I overlooked the strip and the desert. That was all good but the icing on the cake was the sunset. The shades of orange clashed with red but none of them came out on top. The white clouds looked like they were getting caught in the crossfire. God, I could look at that for hours!

"Oh, goodness," Annabeth said. "This place is..."
"Sweet," Grover said. "Absolutely sweet."
I went into one of the rooms and looked in the closet. There were clothes in there that perfectly fit me. Ok, what is this place? I pushed the shot into the back of my mind as I saw the biggest shower ever.

And by the way, showers after a week of fighting monsters and traveling across the country felt amazing! I must have spent a while in there because when I came out the sky was black and the moon was out.

I went out of the bedroom and out into the living room finding Annabeth watching the National Geographic channel. Hey, I'm not complaining, I love animals. I plopped myself on the couch, next to Annabeth.

After a few minutes, Percy came out of his shower.
"All those stations and you guys turn on National Geographic."
"It's interesting." She and I said at the same time.

"I feel good," Grover said as he brayed contentedly. "I love this place."
"So what now?" Annabeth asked. "Sleep?"

Grover and Percy looked at each other and grinned. They each pulled out their green LotusCash cards. This can only go well.

_____________________________

Ok, so right now I'm currently sick. Tomorrow should be a big day as I'm hoping to add a few chapters tomorrow.

Ps: sorry for basically ripping this chapter straight out of the book.