CHAPTER NINE | BEAUTIFUL ASS

𝕾𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 engulfed the atmosphere, only classical music played ever so softly in the background

sae averted his gaze away from you, stepping aside to invite you in. he waited for you to arrive, so he could escort you to the table he booked.

when he scanned you from top to bottom, in a dress anri borrowed you, you swore you saw his cheeks reddened.

feeling a tad bit nice and not wanting to miss the opportunity to eat luxury, you ignored your own imaginations as sae led you to the table.

everything was nice at first. nice and smooth, with professionalism and the elegant manners anri spent all night teaching your rebellious ass.

sae was an extreme gentleman, now that you paid more attention to him. he told you to order anything, and by anything, literally anything. this man is rich, and he is going to pay for everything.

and since you weren't familiar with luxury restaurants, you ordered the cheapest dish on the menu. to which sae questioned how shitty your life is despite being related to some creepy coach who comes from a rich family lineage.

until then, throughout the whole lunch of eating, the two of you chatted. and the entire time there, you have no intentions of pulling silly pranks.

that was a weird to not have any thoughts of just ruining someone's life, heck, even weirder that you didn't planned a single move to humiliate the itoshi right in front of you.

you stopped chewing your food, gaze locked on the male that elegantly ate his food without amusement.

for some reason, he actually looked so beautiful. sae's hair was neatly combed, a few strands falling at the side of his face and his teal eyes looked as cold and mesmerising as ever.

he wore expensive clothing, rich in fabric and the cologne he had on smelled undescribable to you. it simply smelled so calming and fresh.

you must've stared at him for too long, because he raised a brow at you when he looked up from his food. feeling a new feeling of embarrassment rushed over your cheeks, you quickly stuffed another bite into your mouth, abandoning all lessons that were punctured into your head.

"you were staring," he said, cutting a piece of steak.

"...so?! you just look horrendous that's all. can't take my eyes off of ugly things," you finally found the courage to say something that felt like your usual self.

ah, the relief of finally insulting someone . . . it's your coping mechanism.

"so you like ugly things? like me? you like me? i'm flattered."

your face twisted into a huge grimace, actually terrified by what sae just implied. you were too stunned to speak, absolutely nothing came to mind as a counter for him.

"bro... you're such an ass.." you trailed off, terror still visible on your face. "a beautiful ass.."

sae's eyebrows raised at your statement, confusion taking over him mentally. what the hell were you talking about? you were so confusing to deal with.

"what?"

you covered your mouth, trying your hardest to choke back laughter that might just emit from your mouth. previously terrified, now a wide smile and red tinted your cheeks at your own words.

"i... i can't," you struggled to keep a straight face, only to silently laugh, before you burst out wheezing.

it made sae flinched in surprise, even more confusion rising in within him. to say the least, it was his turn to be terrified.

"i can't believe i'm saying this, but owl-face, you actually look fine as hell. attractive, handsome, top-class beauty!" your palms moved to cover your cheeks, trying to kill and contain your embarrassment of saying that.

upon genuinely complimenting somebody, you have a habit of making it seem like you're making fun of them. which lead to you laughing.

each when time you laughed while trying to compliment, it never ended well. for people took it seriously and start a passionate hate towards you. not that you care, but it somewhat hurts at the same as time as it was fun.

in the male's mind, his thoughts were everywhere. swirling like crazy and not having one specific mutual thought like the rest, he eventually felt his heart beat faster and faster.

this wasn't normal, it isn't. what kind of compliment-mock sends somebody's heart to flutter in that moment?

he couldn't explain, sae didn't understand. but as you calmed down, taking deep breaths, he was speechless. speechless from your utterly honest compliment.

sae has more compliments than he could ever count in his entire life. they were all lukewarm and worthless to him. so he didn't understood why yours actually made an impact on him.

it played over and over in his mind, starting to ingrained the text into the core of his soul.

what the hell did you do to him?

for a second when he stared at you, you looked gentle. completely someone else than the y/n he knew, in that second you were calm as the ocean breeze. a tiny smile that curved upwards your lips gave him a reason to look forward to life.

what . . .

sae blinked. and all of it was gone. where did the second of an angel in front of him go? he had so many questions to ask, so many answers that needed to have a story about.

perhaps even devils could have their own little secret angels in them. they just don't know it. but devils were once angels that came from heaven.

 but devils were once angels that came from heaven