ラスト

EPILOGUE | OWL-FACE & KABEDON GIRL

𝕾𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 around kyoto, there is a clothing store that only focused on selling the finest quality of kimono, yukata, hakama, furisode and whatever else that existed in the japanese line of traditional clothes

the street which the store was located has quite the crowd of people around, considering that district was the most popular in kyoto.

life around the rural areas struck an individual as somewhat a more different place than the cities, giving the village a shine of its own.

it was no difference than you who managed to get lost everytime you came to kyoto where the only place you would visit was the rural areas.

people were everywhere, from the highest mountains to the lowest of districts. walking past them was a great challenge for you. still, you managed to get to your destination to the smile of your beloved mother.

the all-knowing beauty of the family, one that birthed a beautiful child who appears to have grown out of her rebellious behaviour.

your mother greets you with her sweet and heavenly smile, embracing you into a loving hug before saying how much she's missed you. the way she keeps planting kisses onto your face makes you very much awkward.

"ight that's enough kisses," you said, fanning your hands in front of her face to keep her away from you just as she laughs.

what kind of laugh cures people's depression none other than your angelic mother?

"i can't help but kiss the face of my daughter who's going to get married soon!" she exclaimed, a man peering through the displays of kimono to flash the two women a smile. "she's getting married!?"

the man's face immediately went to scan both of your hands only to have his face twist into concern with the purest expression of shock.

"how come i never knew??"

you were left to contain your own laughs in because you father was halfway trying to fit a small sized kimono over his head, which apparently got stuck.

"i thought you went to get milk," you said, earning a frown from your father. "gen z jokes are not funny anymore, y/n," he shifted a little and managed to pull out the piece of fabric while letting out a heavy sigh.

"she's got herself a rich man if she's wearing a 77 diamonds ring ♪" your mother sang, a cheeky blush on her face. "i bet it's him.." she winked.

"that's right," a new voice joined in the conversation right behind you as your mother couldn't help but giggled at the sight of your now-fiancé who leaned down to your height to press a quick kiss on your forehead.

"i am him, sae," the said male flashed your parents a tiny smile. "hello."

you chuckled at how awkward sae actually sounded right now. in fact, you could tell he was nervous at being around your parents.

"forgive me for doing proposing to your daughter without permission. so i shall ask it now. will you allow me to marry your beautiful, and idiotic, daughter, mr l/n?" sae bowed so elegantly it has your father flinching at the sudden formality.

over the years, many things has happened. sae has met your parents, and you have met his. both families love each other. which is amazing, and it stays amazing until today, and eternity.

and just recently, before you and sae came from spain, he proposed to you.

oh my goodness.

you freaked out so much you burst into tears and just sat on the ground crying like a baby. that was how much you felt like your world has been moved ever since you kabedon sae.

oh, and the nicknames never ended.

it was still owl-face and kabedon girl.

nothing could ever go wrong with sae, except for the amount of crack that still lives around both of you, the constant insulting that never ended even though it always ended with a rough and sloppy kiss.

your father smiled almost immediately after reclaiming his posture, letting out a sigh. "i will. please take good care of my daughter, alright, sae-kun?"

cold and slender fingers curled around your father's fingers, your mother smiling along with him. "you both are perfect for each other. a match made in heaven."

a blush couldn't resist but visit your cheeks, a field of roses painting it as it is.

a smile tugged on sae's lips in the slightest way, his teal eyes that you thought is so damn beautiful softening with the approval of your parents. sae hugged you, kissing your forehead as you leaned into his warmth.

"i fucking hate you so much owl-face. i hate that you make me flustered and shit every single damn time," you whispered against his chest, a chuckle escaping his lips.

"you're so cute when you deny," he replied, "one of the reasons why i love you. at least i can get to spend the rest of my life with you now rather than a single day."

"okay, lovebirds. let's get you some matching kimonos for the winter lantern event!" you mother clapped her hands and dragged you away from your fiancé, forgetting that you are now an adult and not some rebellious kid.

while your father stayed with sae before motioning to his favourite section of the men's kimono collection, mouthing "high quality".

"oh yeah, where's creepy scp emo bowl-cut thick nerdy glasses yelena looking uncle that has an unhealthy football obsession?" you asked your mother as you explored the different types of kimonos that you like.

"ego? somewhere around the world celebrating the proposal of you and sae-kun," your mother told you, giving you a thumbs up.

"no worries, he doesn't have any sneaky plans anymore because i almost ended his entire career as a coach."

you scoffed mockingly, "i know i got my rebellious genes from you rather than him."

back to the men, sae explained how things came this far from the start to your father who listened as he measured the quality of the finest silks.

the itoshi saw you and your mother walking up to him before he glanced at your father.

"i could live forever in a day with her."