十四

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | TRIGGERED

𝕿𝐇𝐄 night is young, the city below shone a wonderful show of bright lights that seemed like fuzzy little balls to you

wind blew kisses onto the skins of both you and sae, gentle and chilly wind passing by. your hair swayed along the flow of the wind, sae's own hair danced a little to his dislike.

above the two, the moon watched as it showered it's silver and ethereal hues all around the city, giving it a magical feeling. or like a selenite blessing to the night from heaven.

stars accompanied the moon, millions and millions of them dancing around the moonlight and showering the black sky with twinkling diamonds.

it was truly a beautiful sight to behold on a night like this.

much to the itoshi's surprise, you were oddly silent when it came to staring into the night sky. just gazing at the star alone made him wonder what connection could you possibly have with the night to hand you under so much control.

truth is, you were a selenophile, someone way too in love with the moon to have it ignored every night. stargazing and moon-gazing were one of your hobbies besides causing trouble for others. the moon simply had so much influence on you.

you took this night as an opportunity you would never know of again.

"hey owl-face. you're working with ego right?" you asked, knowledge of the same subject implanted in your mind from a conversation you had with the said man. still, you wanted to hear it from sae himself.

it was silent for a moment with the itoshi staring down the busy streets. his gaze then slowly moved upwards to the sky where it has the answers to millions of other questions.

"you knew it all along. don't you?"

your face twisted into a frown.

"i was given multiple offers in the football industry, in exchange to change you into a better person. yet i did it for free, because of how bold and honest you are," sae trailed off, his cold teal eyes never leaving the sky that stars danced around.

"i might've been struck by you at that time when you straight up kabedon me. bold girls are actually sexy."

a chuckle escaped your lips, just barely a chuckle— like a croak of disbelief. you refuse to let his words sink into your mind, instead let your feelings take over and a mild blush appear on your cheeks.

you could have chosen to be angry for the fact of knowing you were being toyed with someone you genuinely have fun with for once, but no. instead you grew shy all of a sudden, something that wasn't in your dictionary.

"the offers must be aching, huh.." you muttered, the itoshi turning his head to look at you. "i denied each of them, even cash. i already said i'm doing this for free."

"you're just following ego's orders, you.. you actually have no humanity in you to care for what i might feel," you stood up from the ground, your frown still visible. except . . . you looked devastated.

"take me back, itoshi sae," your voice stern and serious all of a sudden made sae furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, an unknowing glare pierced through your soul which made you slightly shivered.

honestly, you felt betrayed and fearful at that moment. all signs of the troublemaker crumbling apart to be broken by strong feelings that hid behind the playful mask.

that was the consequences of agreeing to a deal made by an egotistical coach upon forming his niece into a corner with someone she has grown attached to.

sae said no words other than to shut his eyes, fully knowing that his intense gaze was somewhat giving you a feeling you've never felt before.

fear.

so then he agreed to take you back to the blue lock facility, without any further words or speaking. in case he might trigger something else that he has already triggered.

itoshi sae triggered your feelings of love.