十七

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | TOXIC KISS

𝖄𝐎𝐔 found yourself by the river, seated beside sae who had bought ice cream for the both of you

𝖄𝐎𝐔 found yourself by the river, seated beside sae who had bought ice cream for the both of you. something felt nostalgic about the place where he chose to spend his last day in japan before he leaves for spain.

you couldn't quite remember it, but you know where you've felt this feeling before. it was none other than the moments where you would spend some rare evenings with your parents, just sitting by the river and watching the sunset.

everything felt right in that moment where you and sae sat on the grassy field, just watching as afternoon went by, and evening arrived.

so many conversations and so many laughs together, you felt numb to your usual habit of pulling pranks of insulting just about anyone.

you felt like a different person, embracing this moment as something you should treasure forever as someone who isn't a troublemaker. you knew you were going to miss this, today, every moment, and especially him.

it was like magic, where you changed into a different person during sae's last days in this country. plus, the sunset's vibe was making everything way more intense than usual. upon sae offering anywhere you want, you choose a place of childhood.

somewhere sae would later on tell you the stories of him and rin when they were younger, coming to the same place where he held his childhood the most.

"i lost," you looked at the ice cream stick, a frown on your face as sae scoffed and gave you his stick, your eyes rolling instantly. "of course you'd win. the world loves you."

"but i love you," sae muttered so softly that it was barely audible.

"what did you say?" you asked, taking his ice cream as your own before putting it in your mouth, cheeks warm from the sun, although you were sure it was a blush.

"nothing," the male replied, staring ahead — over the horizon where the beauty of the sunset lies.

it was all silent again.

a comfortable silence that you've never felt in such a long time after all the stress you've gone through from your uncle and the entire blue lock project.

"i love you too, sae."

your whisper and the mention of his given name made his eyes widened, his lips slightly parting as heat arose to his cheeks, giving a youthful color of red in addition to the evening hue.

e/c eyes glanced to the side, a smile that couldn't be hidden any longer formed across your cheeks. it was too much to bear, seeing a new expression of fluster in sae that looked angelic on him.