CHAPTER TEN | POISON

𝕭𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 itoshi sae was saved for later, after you thanked him for taking you to lunch at a high-class restaurant

his driver drove you back to the blue lock facility, dropping you off on-time as you had promised to return exactly at 2.

for today, it was only lunch, just the start of your love-hate relationship with sae but it's mostly hate. you're just being nice because he paid for your food.

you wondered why he was quiet the whole time after uncontrollably laughed, but no matter— you assumed he took it the way everyone else did; an insult. still, you were grateful.

"how was your date, brat?" ego's voice filled your ears when you saw him walking up to you, closing the distance.

"fine, i didn't get to do much of my pranks," you shrugged. "hey uncle... i know you set and paid sae to deal with me."

ego chuckled, lifting his long hands to point a finger at you. "correct. i never thought you'd found out so quickly."

a lazy smirk formed on your cheeks, eyes seemingly turning into their own version of a scowl. "i learn from the best, uncle," you said through gritted teeth, emphasizing the best.

"you really think hiring a distraction is enough to discipline me? think again, i was born a troublemaker, always looking forward to get under people's skin. it's your loser genetics i have. not mom or dad's. you."

the older man remained poker, his dark, deep, void eyes staring burning into your vision. ego was quiet for a moment, before he shot you a huge creepy grin.

but you didn't give him a chance to pour his ego unto you.

"that's why they sent me to you so i will soon be a disciplined child because you managed to obtain a dream. dad's busy all the time, the surgeon he is. and mom's rarely home, her work requires her to travel. give me a break, man."

".. do i look like i care?" ego sternly said, monotonous in his tone. it managed to make you pissed.

"you're just a child who doesn't receive enough parental love because of their absence. you don't know discipline until they have to request for me to put some senses into your naïve head."

"sure i'm quite the troublemaker when i'm young, but that doesn't mean you have to be one too. y/n, when is it that you will wake up and come to realise the real world isn't all that fun and full of pranks?"

"sae-kun was just another tool to shape you into a better person. i didn't hired him or any sort, i simply urged him to stick around you. seems like a brat like you has feelings too. sae-kun is a great subject to get you under control."

"the boy could make you feel things without you even knowing, and he could use that against you. to force you into submission, and to eventually make you fall from your childish pride."

"romantic feelings are so easy. from the moment i saw you talking to sae-kun, i knew he could be of some use. so i invited him into blue lock and have him find you to initiate a conversation which eventually led you to your little date."

"what's next, girl? you're heads over heals in love with the genius boy?" ego opened his arms widely as he lectured. every of his words reeks of venom to poison you.

by the time ego finished, you were caught way too off-guard from his speech. every word and spelling was punched into your senses, breaking those thoughts of pranks that was now filled with every other possible things ego has done to shape you.

never have you ever expected to be so cornered like a fox cornering a small prey.

honestly, it hurts. it hurts to hear whatever ego just said. the way he could crush your hopes and everything else you felt in a matter of seconds with his words alone.

you had underestimated him to a certain level where you thought he was just a relative of yours, brother to your mother.

what hurt you the most was when he mentioned and spoke about sae. about how it all escalated under his calculations and how the itoshi probably never had intentions to associate himself with you rather than being hired or threathened into doing so.

had everything just been a lie? a simple lie created by none other than jinpachi ego? was whatever he said, something that you had been feeling about sae this whole time?

. . .

no.

lies.

his words were just venom to somewhat manipulate you into thinking you were falling under his and sae's grasp.

you refused to drown in ego's words, nonetheless into what he was trying to shape you into. but words could make sense, if laced with enough poison to poison someone's mind.

it certainly did for you.

"nice lecture, uncle! i'll be sure to keep those in mind. oh also, i don't like sae. i only went with him because i want to eat exquisite food. and i think i do just fine without a man," you said, slightly bowing to initiate a mock before walking to your room.

rage filled you.

burning rage for jinpachi ego.

at this point onwards, you just want to go home and to be in the presence of mother and father.

you knew they were home on a break for work, and ego has you on chokehold, never allowing you to return if you haven't changed a single.

your rage, wrath and pure hatred for ego grew the moment you walked away from his presence. and you swore to behave from now on to prove him wrong.

it was all him who insisted to bring you to blue lock anyways.

a/n: guys i swear this
will be drama free 🤷