Prologue

"Gon, what you're doing is useless. Don't you get it?"
"I know what I'm doing Ging, I'm not a child that needs your guidance anymore."

He slammed the door shut, exiting his fathers office.
Ah yes, Gon Freecss... People call him crazy for trying to solve a case that had been left unsolved since 1927. He was a professional detective that dedicated his life to his work, he was a workaholic to say the least. He always made sure his calculations were perfect, people in the office didn't quite like him for his perfectionist personality.

At the moment, Gon was after a certain serial killer that hasn't been caught since their last act in 1927. Being that it was currently 1990, there was still a chance the killer would be alive and well— calmly walking along the streets of York New. The thought of a person who has committed atrocious crimes in which were impossible to count walking around just seemed too surreal. Though, Gon was the only person who thought that way. Which is why he was the only person working on the case. He didn't really care, he was more of a lone wolf anyway.

"Where were those files I placed in the... ah there they are."

He spent about five years of his life studying and analyzing the first to second-last victims, and now he was finally moving onto the last case file. Gons patience was running thin, he had only tucked up barely enough evidence to fill a single jar— and that was out of all ninety eight files of each and every victim.

"Specter Victims... Case file number ninety-nine. You better give me something."

He scoffed as he took the papers out of the folder, unclipping them from each other. After laying them down on his somehow tidy desk, he scanned the first page down like a machine, keeping an eye out for anyway key information.
"Killua Zoldyck... Second son of the Zoldyck family. He was murdered in
        Kukuroo mountain outside his own home... his body was never found."
He whispered the text to himself, it was creepy as hell to murmur such vile things but it helped him remember what he needed to remember, thats how his mind worked.

"Still trying to solve that case, huh?" A young voice scoffed from afar. Gon turned his head and was greeted with the annoyed expression of his old lady Biscuit Krueger.
     "Bisky? what do you want."
     "Whats with the rude attitude?"
     "Can't you see i'm busy..."
     "Godforbid you've been busy for five years kid!"
"And? I don't plan on being free anytime soon."
"You're as stubborn as ever."
Gon sighed and leaned back into his office chair, crossing one leg over the other. "Did my father send you here?"
"He did in fact... he's worried about you." Bisky paused for a moment, a face of concern washing over her. She then approached his desk and looked him right in the eye.

"You need to stop with this 'Specter Victim' case, it's nonsense! Whats so intriguing about it anyway?"

"It's the only old case in this goddam community that hasn't been solved, i'm only doing the dead some justice."

"You're gonna end up a scrub if you keep hogging your life towards this, you know that right?"

"Worth it."

Bisky didn't even bother, Gon has been giving her the same answers for years— and shes on the brink of giving up. "Fine, just don't come crying to me when you finally realize all these years were wasted." She said, stomping out the door.
Gon ignored her angry carriage and focused back onto the piles of paper in front of him. This was the only chance he had left to finding the murderer, or perhaps— murderers.

His life might just take a turn for the better, or for the worse... he'll just have to wait and see.

(650 Words)
A/N: Not quite feeling this prologue but yk it works
This story will probably have like 20-30 chapters in total, hope you look forward to it.