Chapter 3 - What the fuck

THEA

Continued...
"Hi, can I sit"

Her voice sends jitters through my body, like the ones you get when someone scratches that spot that you've been trying to direct them to the whole time. It's deep but not manly, it's a feminine voice with touches of masculinity throughout. It has this subtle rasp to it that I find oddly soothing, like warm water running down my back. As she waits for my response I take in the rest of her beauty, she looks about 5'11 so not stupid tall but just above average, clear caramel skin, plumb pink lips, flawless curly hair that stops right at the end of her broad shoulders, dark brown eyes and tattoos, all up her neck and arms that are covered by her turtle neck and jacket but you could still see them peeking through.

She clears her throat bringing me back into reality.

"Mari?" I say hopefully.

"Uh no, Summer actually."

Suddenly I'm disappointed that my gf isn't a catfish. I'm also reminded that I have one or at least I think I do, I don't even know at this point.

But just in case, "No, I'm waiting for someone. Plus I'd rather not be sitting with a stranger", we loyal round here.

She chuckles a little and it's the most adorable little laugh I've heard like ever I think.

"Ok, I'll stand, but I feel like I should let you know that we bout to close in a minute,"

"We?" I ask confused.

"Yeah" She responds.

"You work here?" I say in shock.

"Yeah...I think I just said that", she says with a slight smirk, I roll my eyes.

"Rude" she says.

"You the one being smart", I correct.

"Would you rather me be dumb?" She says with the brightest smile ever, making my insides do jumping jacks.

Ughhhhhh the fuck is happening to me, "I need a drink, TYRUSSSS, TYRUS dude where you at?"

"He went home" she says through laughter.

"What, why he left me I thought we was cool" I say a little whiny because I'm just a tad bit drunk.

"I told him leave because his shift ended at 9:30 and it's 9:36" she says.

"Oh what time y'all close?" I question.

"9:30"

"Oh well that's stupid", like what?

"No it's not.", she defends.

"Yes it is", I restate.

"How?"

"Because who closes before 10 and in the middle of an hour at that?", I reason.

"It make sense because we actually close at 10 so the staff has time to clean up and prepare a little for the next day but we're closed to the public at 9:30"