Chapter 7 - The strike of a match

Athena

Same day
We walk in to the house laughing as Summer carries the groceries while Amayra and I carry the bags of clothes and other things given that most of it is ours.

"I'm telling you ion think you shoulda got them patties they won't be the same." Summer says while starting to unpack the bags. She say talking bout the Jamaican beef Patties I bought at the market.

"Ok but it can't be that bad"

"Yea but that's what we said when we bought that frozen seafood boil bag. Made me never wanna eat crawfish again" Maya interjects as she dramatically gags.

"Yea ion know who thought that was a good idea" Summer says shaking her head.

"Ight imma go head and start cooking" Summer says while prepping her area.

She's making Cajun pasta tonight because I've had never had it and Maya convinced Summer since it's her favorite. I go to sit at island to watch her cook, one of my very new favorite things to do. I don't know how to explain it, it's like watching a mukbang or asmr. She was just so mesmerizing.

Just as I take my seat at the island...

DING!
DING!
DING!

Jovi
Are you still alive!?
Why haven't you texted me!?
Call me!

Me
Chill out. Gimme a sec!

"I'm gonna go upstairs to call my friend and unpack everything I bought"

Tick, tick, tick

The sound of the gas stove responds.

"Ight bet, i'll let you know when the food ready. It shouldn't take long"

"Thank you"

I head up stairs and unpack everything i bought. I got some clothes along with a macbook because my old one was in my car and I needed a new one anyways. I set up the macbook at the desk in the room and click to FaceTime Jovi.

"THEAAAAAA", Jovi screams childishly.

"Hi, Jovi" I purposely say plainly. "I missed you so much" He says pouting.

"We literally saw eachother just yesterday, it's barely been a day."

"Okay, whatever how is it? Is Mari with you?"

My hearts drops at the mention of her. I haven't thought about her since yesterday. The day she left me stranded. The day she left me. All the pain rushes back in, for some reason I always feel it at the top of my ears. I go to rub the area.

"Oh no. Ur rubbing ur ears. What happened!?"

———————20 minutes later———————

"So ur telling me that she just ghosted you? And now you're in some random beautiful women's house"

"Yea pretty much"

"What are you going to do"

"I don't know but surprisingly i'm not panicking. Not yet at least. But i'm just not on edge as much as I thought i'd be. I'm at peace here, I think it's Summer. It's something about her presence that just settles me."