Chapter 6 - Intruder

Thea

Same day
"Ok, I'm gonna go shower I'll be down after to cook us something" she said anxiously and hurried up the stairs before I could get a word in. I chuckle at the interaction. But damn did she look fine, her neck tattoos weren't hidden anymore and they were immaculate. For some reason I couldn't wait to know what they all meant. I couldn't wait to know her, she excited me in a way I can't explain. She made me hopeful for what's next; and yes I know it sounds stupid since we just met but knowing I have her in my life now made me happy. I feel not alone and more secure.

That feeling of security is quickly disrupted when I hear the door close ripping me out of my thoughts. I jumped and my head snaps towards the direction of the noise.

"Summy- AHHHHH WHO ARE YOU?!? OMG THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRAINING FOR!!" The younger girl with a familiar face said as she threw her keys at me which were not even close to hitting me.

"I"M-" I tried to explain myself but I'm quickly interrupted.

"SHUT UP INTRUDER, where's the bat, shit WAIT HERE I NEED TO FIND A BAT" she says in panic.

She runs towards the living room then straight back. I hold on a laugh because she's running like a chicken with its head chopped off. She stops and grabs a vase.

"I CAN'T FIND THE BAT THIS GON HAVE TO DO" she says holding the vase up.

"WAIT NO ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK" I plead.

"AMAYRA!!" Summer's loud voice rings through out the house as she storms down the stairs now in black sweats and a grey graphic tee.

"What the hell are doing, put your papa down NOW!!" She say angrily.

Papa!?!? My eyes widened at the realization and now I'm fighting demons fr!

"Were you going to throw him!?!?" She ask scrunching up her eyebrows.

Cute.

"I couldn't find the bat, he was the only option" she says with a higher pitched voice and a shrug as if her actions are justified.

"I literally bought you pepper spray to put on your keys" she says now rubbing her eye brows.

"You mean the keys that you threw at me?" I ask pointing to the keys on the floor.

Summer sighs and picks them up.

"Oh...uh...right" she said with a nervous smile and a hands on the back of her neck.

"Maya what you doing here?" Summer asks defeated

"What am I doing here? No the real question is what is SHE doing here, who is that?" She asked making that same scrunched up eyebrow expression that Summer makes, while pointing towards me.

Ah, that's must be why she looks familiar, they must be related.

"This my friend Athena who is staying with us right now. I didn't get the chance to tell you because everything happened last night" She turned now talking to me. "This is my daughter Amayra, who is not supposed to be here right now.

She says with sarcasm in her voice, I can't help but but chuckle.

"Ouch." The younger girls rolls her eyes.